FI light stays on

kromebusa

Registered
ok, I did my pair valve removal and put my TRE mod on. when I started up the bike it ran rough, wouldn't stay running and the FI light was on. I removed the TRE and the bike runs the way it should now, but the FI light is still on. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, Does that mean my TRE is bad?

Not sure, but mine kept coming on and going off (bike was running fine) and my dealer had to replace sensor.

I was told something similar to this by my local Suzuki dealer as well. Service writer advised me that if I do the pair valve mod that I would get the FI light off/on. Wouldn't be able to tell you though due to the fact that I have not performed the pair valve mod as of yet.

I removed my pair valve and don't get any FI light. You need to put it in dealer mode by jumping the connector by the battery with a paper clip and see what code it flashs.

I removed my pair valve and don't get any FI light. You need to put it in dealer mode by jumping the connector by the battery with a paper clip and see what code it flashs.
Did you block off all the hoses that remained???
evil.gif

Yeah, I blocked off the two lines that remained, I don't know that they are 100% sealed. Would it matter? I have a screw in the vacuum hose and a screw and RTV in the other. Is it better to just buy actual caps for those ends?

I didnt block off my remaing hoses and i dont have a prob. Use the dealer mode and paper clip to diagnose your prob. If your bikes running good with the light on then its probably something simple

Ok, I had some time, so i searched through the boards and found another one with the same problem. Turns out there is more than one place under the tank to plug in the TRE. I plugged it in the wrong place. Put it to the right connection and that cleared it up. Thanks to all that replied.

Back