Fatality 5/3 Nashville

Snooki and I were talking about this yesterday... sad...

This is very sad. If Nashville is anything like it was when I was growing up it is all too easy to understand why this is happening. One word.....drugs. When we were growing up all the kids who rode around on their bikes were high as hell! There are several grave stones I know personally as a result. Being that I regularly see Ky and Tn plates down here at pill mills I hope it isn't kids out high on pain killers riding around killing themselves.

I would have to disagree and to make Nashville sound like a druggy sport bike state. Yes, its not uncommon for some motorcyclist to be under the influence of alcohol and illegal drugs or both to add to there speed adrenaline rush. This is everywhere.
I believe the most common cause is inexperienced riders on high horsepower hyper sport bikes. Yes, anyone can walk into a dealership and lay down 15K and ride out within hour on a brand new motorcycle just as anyone can jump on a motorcycle and be able to ride it, the problem arises when they have to maneuver it to avoid an accident. The only way we will see a decrease in motorcycle accidents if they make a more difficult test to get your motorcycle endorsement.

7 motorcycle fatalities since Saturday here in Nashville, TN. It always happen this time of year. Roll the bikes out after sitting all winter and ripping it, new riders buying motorcycles etc. that is the main factor to add to motorcycle fatalities here in the Nashville area.

Perfect example, went to a bike night Wed evening and spoke with a young guy (early 20's) who was riding a GENII Hayabusa with a Brocks Alienhead exhaust and tuned.. Turns out it is his first motorcycle, not saying that he cant ride it but also doesn't have much experience under his belt if he gets in over his head.

I would have to disagree and to make Nashville sound like a druggy sport bike state. Yes, its not uncommon for some motorcyclist to be under the influence of alcohol and illegal drugs or both to add to there speed adrenaline rush. This is everywhere.
I believe the most common cause is inexperienced riders on high horsepower hyper sport bikes. Yes, anyone can walk into a dealership and lay down 15K and ride out within hour on a brand new motorcycle just as anyone can jump on a motorcycle and be able to ride it, the problem arises when they have to maneuver it to avoid an accident. The only way we will see a decrease in motorcycle accidents if they make a more difficult test to get your motorcycle endorsement.

7 motorcycle fatalities since Saturday here in Nashville, TN. It always happen this time of year. Roll the bikes out after sitting all winter and ripping it, new riders buying motorcycles etc. that is the main factor to add to motorcycle fatalities here in the Nashville area.

Perfect example, went to a bike night Wed evening and spoke with a young guy (early 20's) who was riding a GENII Hayabusa with a Brocks Alienhead exhaust and tuned.. Turns out it is his first motorcycle, not saying that he cant ride it but also doesn't have much experience under his belt if he gets in over his head.

I agree with Donn. I know I'm naive cause I don't hang out with druggies, but I see a lot of young guys with bikes who are in over their heads (at least initially). 7 accidents 4 fatalities in the last week. There was some squidly riding with no gear a contributing factor in at least one of these (and maybe more). Cagers cannot deal with high closing speed bikes - anytime they see a bright headlight moving fast, and their common reaction is to move over - usually right into the line that the fast-closing rider had already made the decision to make. In the accident that was near me in the OP, the location was a spot where the road transitions from a highway into city streets, along with entrances to the interstate - it was no place for what they were apparently doing.

In addition, Nashville's street/interstate setup has little rhyme or reason. 4 interstates converge, a river winding thru it, and a bunch of hills. There isn't hardly a parallel or perpendicular set of streets in the entire town. Not to mention the construction and congestion. It's very confusing place to even experienced drivers.

Tonight there's supposed to be a big story about it (channel 5) about what cagers need to know and how to react. It should be interesting to see what information is presented.

I agree with Donn. I know I'm naive cause I don't hang out with druggies, but I see a lot of young guys with bikes who are in over their heads (at least initially). 7 accidents 4 fatalities in the last week. There was some squidly riding with no gear a contributing factor in at least one of these (and maybe more). Cagers cannot deal with high closing speed bikes - anytime they see a bright headlight moving fast, and their common reaction is to move over - usually right into the line that the fast-closing rider had already made the decision to make. In the accident that was near me in the OP, the location was a spot where the road transitions from a highway into city streets, along with entrances to the interstate - it was no place for what they were apparently doing.

In addition, Nashville's street/interstate setup has little rhyme or reason. 4 interstates converge, a river winding thru it, and a bunch of hills. There isn't hardly a parallel or perpendicular set of streets in the entire town. Not to mention the construction and congestion. It's very confusing place to even experienced drivers.

Tonight there's supposed to be a big story about it (channel 5) about what cagers need to know and how to react. It should be interesting to see what information is presented.

Have you watched the channel 5 news? What did it say?

Sad Site riding in today to work. There about 65 motorcycles all parked along the crash site with viewers all standing around.

Name of the rider was, Mini Zaki, 20, of Antioch TN
Bike: 2007 Suzuki GSXR600.
Speed was the cause of this fatality.

Back