Trackday - Nashville International Raceway April 2011 (pic/video)

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
No, not on my Busa :laugh:

Did a weekend with Sportbiketracktime.com last weekend in Nashville (Intermediate). Weather turned out perfect. My Gixxer1k ran great, and I even am starting (at times) to look like I know what I'm doing. :thumbsup:

The track includes the front (150+) and back straight of the NASCAR track, along with some infield stuff. The chief instructor said that a respectable time in intermediate was under 1:20:00, the Advanced riders are under 1:10:00. My best time was 1:17:00 so I have made a lot of progress. I am scrubbing both my pucks more often and it doesn't scare me like it used to. I continue to work on my form: Elbows/Chin/Head is where I need to improve. Better form will make for more speed/better lap times. I was running about in the middle of the I group this weekend.

There were over 15 crashes, including two on Sunday the required both ambulances and made for an early lunch while we waited for their return. This track does not flow well and has a few turns that can reach out and grab you.

Here are links to my pic album:

PhotoReflect - Xtreme Sports Photography

#214 is the money shot :cheerleader:

I also shot some GoPro video (I had to edit them all down to get under youtube's size limit). This first video is while I'm wearing my helmet and filming another guy from Nashville on his Honda. He is the one that later crashes on Sunday and has to be transported with a broken clavacle:

This is the obigatory 'butt cam' so I can take a look at my body position:

And the last video is facing rearward. There was this guy on a motard that could FLY thru the turns and pass everybody, but in the straight we'd pass him back, and then he'd repeat. So, finally, i got past everyone else and on his tail. I thought if I could just enter the straight with him behind me, I could get far enough ahead that he couldn't catch me. So finally I got past him and rode like hEll thru the turn sections - he was right on me tried to pass me about 3X, but when I hit the front straight he was behind me, and when I turned it on he was left sitting still (the camera really gives the impression of speed at about 155).

All and all I had a blast. Saw a few people I knew, but no Busa's this track weekend. Barber coming up in about 3 weeks!

Lastly, STT does one more weekend at Nashville this season, in July - but it's a NIGHT event. If you've never ridden under the lights, it's a really neat experience.

Looking good in the pictures!!! I'm at work so I can't check out the vids yet but it will probably be the first thing I do when I get home. Getting goosebumps just thinking about tearing up the the track!!!!

First video

from aprox 1:32 to the marker at 2:08 makes for plenty of WOT time .

Thanks for the photos and stuff - an odd track for sure. :beerchug:

Just was able to watch more- Vid 3 . On the straight you just blew by the guy on the motard . He sure was taking the wide " keep this thing up on the meat of the tire " lines or, maybe his brakes were just saying ouch .:thumbsup:

The guy on the tard just didn't have the punch in the straights (that was like a 450); but, he could pass EVERYBODY in the curves. I knew If I could just be in front when we hit the long straightaway I could get enough lead on him. We had a blast with that!

I'm still slowing down too early coming toward the first turn out of the straightaway, got shown some lines that might help but don't have the gonads for it yet.

What I will say is this: I am a 1000% better rider because of these trackdays.

I think we need to tag you with "Most Improved"! You are riding so much better. Makes you feel good when you can spank most of the guys in your group. You left some of those guys like they were dragging a concrete block :thumbsup:

I'm impressed! :beerchug:

Back