Fastest/quickest STOCK motor with boost?

Went out on 9psi (300ish hp). Went 8.74@164 first time down the track since 2012. Got booted for no license will go back hopefully on the 14th to get my licensing passes done. This is basically as slow as I can make the bike go I literally left like I was leaving a stop light went 1.65 60' lolololol

View attachment 1614315
Have you made any progress with the bike?

DD33A224-E3E7-4705-AAAB-10B4254E7D03.jpeg
Here’s a time slip from this past track outing on my bike. Stock gen 1 motor, true hand clutch, no boost controller street bike. Might give it one more try at going faster but might put the bike up for sale. Would love 7s out of it but I don’t think it’a possible in street bike form. But a low 8.20 is possible.

View attachment 1635602Here’s a time slip from this past track outing on my bike. Stock gen 1 motor, true hand clutch, no boost controller street bike. Might give it one more try at going faster but might put the bike up for sale. Would love 7s out of it but I don’t think it’a possible in street bike form. But a low 8.20 is possible.
I haven't went out anymore. We are just opening up here in New Mexico. I'll get out to the track again soon tho. I just got my new arm in so I'm going to put that on and see what how it runs.

That's a wicked time for a short street bike! Giving me motivation and damn almost 170 out of it is nice!

I haven't went out anymore. We are just opening up here in New Mexico. I'll get out to the track again soon tho. I just got my new arm in so I'm going to put that on and see what how it runs.

That's a wicked time for a short street bike! Giving me motivation and damn almost 170 out of it is nice!
Last weekend it went 170 a couple of times. Bike only made 280 hp. If I could bump the power up 320ish I think 7s are possible for sure.

Last weekend it went 170 a couple of times. Bike only made 280 hp. If I could bump the power up 320ish I think 7s are possible for sure.
Ya I'm gonna be around 76-78" now and see what it does. Pretty much building a "grudge" bike with a stock engine and a turbo kit. I'll probably chop the frame rails soon as well as soon as I figure out what I want to do for a fuel cell.

Ya I'm gonna be around 76-78" now and see what it does. Pretty much building a "grudge" bike with a stock engine and a turbo kit. I'll probably chop the frame rails soon as well as soon as I figure out what I want to do for a fuel cell.
Well poop you should go 7s easy. I just have a street bike as I plan on running it in street bike hand clutch classes. You should make a build thread on your bike. Curious how fast you go.

Well poop you should go 7s easy. I just have a street bike as I plan on running it in street bike hand clutch classes. You should make a build thread on your bike. Curious how fast you go.
Ya I'll probably post up when I get to it. Still stock clutch on my bike too. Just a long arm basically.

Ya I'll probably post up when I get to it. Still stock clutch on my bike too. Just a long arm basically.
Hi. Are going to get a performance clutch setup? I have the MTC Gen 2 lock up with air assist, if I put 100 lbs of air to it it gives an extra 300 lbs of lock up. It is still not on there web site if you want 1 I can get them. They are not cheep.

Hi. Are going to get a performance clutch setup? I have the MTC Gen 2 lock up with air assist, if I put 100 lbs of air to it it gives an extra 300 lbs of lock up. It is still not on there web site if you want 1 I can get them. They are not cheep.
Eventually I would like a clutch for it. But I'm not going fast enough or making enough power to justify something like that yet. I feel with the right chassis set up the bike will go 7.70-7.80s with a stock clutch and shims behind the springs.
My bike is as basic as it gets too, just a very simple turbo set up and a fuel pump that's it for power. I'm trying to see what these things can do with little money in them to show others that you don't need to spend outrageous money to go reasonably quick.

With a set of rods and piston I feel it would make a reliable 500wheel and that with the right chassis and clutch set up should go low low 7s

View attachment 1635602Here’s a time slip from this past track outing on my bike. Stock gen 1 motor, true hand clutch, no boost controller street bike. Might give it one more try at going faster but might put the bike up for sale. Would love 7s out of it but I don’t think it’a possible in street bike form. But a low 8.20 is possible.
What did you do to the clutch to keep it from slipping?

What did you do to the clutch to keep it from slipping?
I’m running a clutch spring I don’t think anyone runs. Kinda of a secret spring I found and works great. A buddy and I both ran the ape 60 pound springs and had a hard time trapping faster then 160 and change. Looking at the data log and you could see the bike was slipping on top gear. Didn’t matter if you had a fresh clutch pack or not it would still slip up top. Im going to try shimming the springs I have now and see if I pick up any mph. I feel like it could trap low 170s maybe 175 if I really get the launch down and get wot faster with no lifting. Hope to see a 140 mph trap soon. Still has stock gen 1 wheels on it too. So bike could lose a lot of weight.

I’m running a clutch spring I don’t think anyone runs. Kinda of a secret spring I found and works great. A buddy and I both ran the ape 60 pound springs and had a hard time trapping faster then 160 and change. Looking at the data log and you could see the bike was slipping on top gear. Didn’t matter if you had a fresh clutch pack or not it would still slip up top. Im going to try shimming the springs I have now and see if I pick up any mph. I feel like it could trap low 170s maybe 175 if I really get the launch down and get wot faster with no lifting. Hope to see a 140 mph trap soon. Still has stock gen 1 wheels on it too. So bike could lose a lot of weight.
I'm went back to a fresh set of factory springs. I want to try them back out. I've trapped 166 with stock springs on the nitrous and the turbo so far. And I'm going to start shimming from there. The heavy springs I have are on or off zero control over the clutch and I am still trapping 166.
I'll see if I can go out this weekend and get some 8th hits in with the bike at 66" still before I go long and change it all up with the stock springs. See if I can get it to go 1.3s again. I've been 1.32 before if I can just make it all work together it will go fast no doubt.

I'm went back to a fresh set of factory springs. I want to try them back out. I've trapped 166 with stock springs on the nitrous and the turbo so far. And I'm going to start shimming from there. The heavy springs I have are on or off zero control over the clutch and I am still trapping 166.
I'll see if I can go out this weekend and get some 8th hits in with the bike at 66" still before I go long and change it all up with the stock springs. See if I can get it to go 1.3s again. I've been 1.32 before if I can just make it all work together it will go fast no doubt.
I can 1.3x 60 foot my all motor bike but the turbo bike is a little more difficult but doesn’t help I’m not running a boost controller. Hopefully on my 3rd time out I do much better. With the clutch springs I have now it’s on or off. It’s hard to slide it just right. Last night I wired the gear position wire to the power commander so now I can take timing out of 1st gear. That’s how I plan to take power out of 1st gear to hopefully prevent the bike from doing wheeleis

I can 1.3x 60 foot my all motor bike but the turbo bike is a little more difficult but doesn’t help I’m not running a boost controller. Hopefully on my 3rd time out I do much better. With the clutch springs I have now it’s on or off. It’s hard to slide it just right. Last night I wired the gear position wire to the power commander so now I can take timing out of 1st gear. That’s how I plan to take power out of 1st gear to hopefully prevent the bike from doing wheeleis
Got the new springs installed today. And did a oil change. Also ordered a DME 1.5" pan today so hopefully that comes in soon. I should probably put a boost gauge on the bike too to see what it's doing going down the track. First gear is spring at 7psi second gear should be 9 and 3-6 should be 11ish. On 7 made 270 and 14 made 392 10-11 should be around 320-330 I'm guessing for me.

Got the new springs installed today. And did a oil change. Also ordered a DME 1.5" pan today so hopefully that comes in soon. I should probably put a boost gauge on the bike too to see what it's doing going down the track. First gear is spring at 7psi second gear should be 9 and 3-6 should be 11ish. On 7 made 270 and 14 made 392 10-11 should be around 320-330 I'm guessing for me.
At that power level you should go much faster then me. I hope. I’m at 12 psi I believe and it made a peak of 28xwhp. If I had a boost controller and bigger injectors I would turn it up. But right now I’m $7k into the whole bike. Trying to see how fast I can go with less amount of money. Would be awesome to go 7s but I don’t think it’s possible with me riding the bike. Hope to go 8.2s this weekend with the little changes I made to the bike. I do have a tank shell and fuel cell I can put on the bike to take some weight off and move the rider forward more. That would help with the wheelies and I could leave with more power. But I want to keep it a street bike...

At that power level you should go much faster then me. I hope. I’m at 12 psi I believe and it made a peak of 28xwhp. If I had a boost controller and bigger injectors I would turn it up. But right now I’m $7k into the whole bike. Trying to see how fast I can go with less amount of money. Would be awesome to go 7s but I don’t think it’s possible with me riding the bike. Hope to go 8.2s this weekend with the little changes I made to the bike. I do have a tank shell and fuel cell I can put on the bike to take some weight off and move the rider forward more. That would help with the wheelies and I could leave with more power. But I want to keep it a street bike...
The only thing I can think of is the 8-9000' DA I live in. ABQ dragway is probably the slowest track in the country.

Hi I have more than 1/2 of that in my exhaust header. $3800.00

Ya I hear ya on keeping it cheap. I bought this bike back in 2009 for 7k it had 700 miles on it and added a swing arm and a used airtech tail and changed the gears on it raced it like that for a couple years. We had a local index race here that I won a good deal on money racing and that event paid for my bike lol
Hi I have more than 1/2 of that in my exhaust header. $3800.00
Dang that's about 2k more then my turbo kit lol I don't even have that much in mods on my entire bike yet!!

Ya I hear ya on keeping it cheap. I bought this bike back in 2009 for 7k it had 700 miles on it and added a swing arm and a used airtech tail and changed the gears on it raced it like that for a couple years. We had a local index race here that I won a good deal on money racing and that event paid for my bike lol

Dang that's about 2k more then my turbo kit lol I don't even have that much in mods on my entire bike yet!!
Hi By the time I am done with the bike it will be around 1000,000.00.. Check out my thread my very slow build.

Well this weekend didn’t go well at all. Just got the bike on the lift and got the chain out. Looks like the master link broke. Once the motor is out I should know if the case is safable. But the bike was down on power as it was trapping 3 mph less in the 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile. I don’t think the air was that bad but who knows.

BB6EA848-F961-45DF-874E-E60E7BB9AB36.jpeg

A8C752AE-593F-4EE5-B5B5-6A21F99A5AED.jpeg

Well this weekend didn’t go well at all. Just got the bike on the lift and got the chain out. Looks like the master link broke. Once the motor is out I should know if the case is safable. But the bike was down on power as it was trapping 3 mph less in the 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile. I don’t think the air was that bad but who knows.

View attachment 1635741

View attachment 1635742
Oh man this really sucks! Did it not have chain guard on it? I had a chain break on me when I let off crossing the traps and the chan thank God shot out the back and didn't take my engine

Back