Fastest/quickest STOCK motor with boost?

That's awesome news that you can save it!
I was able to save the motor. But I did find a bolt in the oil pan for the oil pick up. Don’t know how that came out but it’s all good now. Motor is back in and ready for racing this weekend. Fresh set of plugs and oil we should be good to go. Next thing for the bike is boost controller and bigger injectors. I don’t think the horsepower I have now will get me in the 7s with my riding skills with a thc.

This should definitely help get into the 7s!

IMG_20210601_225311.jpg

Awesome information, I have a Gen 2 at 72” I plan to go mid-low 8’s on motor and then go turbo. I want the chassis setup and all else done first. I run mostly 8th mile and mid-4’s is the goal once I go turbo.

Awesome information, I have a Gen 2 at 72” I plan to go mid-low 8’s on motor and then go turbo. I want the chassis setup and all else done first. I run mostly 8th mile and mid-4’s is the goal once I go turbo.
Mid 4s is a pretty hard task. Lots of money to run those times. Post up your build and progress. A couple of us on here post stuff like that to help others learn.

This should definitely help get into the 7s!

View attachment 1636137
Any track passes with the new setup?
I just got my clutch in the turbo bike. Hope to see if I can crack 7s with this stock motor. Best I have gone is 8.31 with a hand clutch. It has 8.1x with a hand clutch if I really wanted to keep at it. But got a new clutch set up for the bike and hope to see it fly next week.

Mid 4s is a pretty hard task. Lots of money to run those times. Post up your build and progress. A couple of us on here post stuff like that to help others learn.
It will be a while, I still need to 60’ better. I have some things I need to test with the bike and I will post my stock motor journey. I have seen NA stock motor Busa’s go 5.3’s to the 8th so I am gunning for that first. Currently I am only going 5.92 with a crappy 1.45 60’. Stock wheels/not lowered much and I weigh 200lbs. The bike as-is before going wheels/MTC should go 5.6-5.7 or so in the meh DA we have in GA.

Mid-4’s to the 8th would be less wear on the engine so I can push a little harder. It would definitely be a more setup chassis than power once the bike can go that fast. Then again the springs may not like all of that boost anyway.

I just got my clutch in the turbo bike. Hope to see if I can crack 7s with this stock motor. Best I have gone is 8.31 with a hand clutch. It has 8.1x with a hand clutch if I really wanted to keep at it. But got a new clutch set up for the bike and hope to see it fly next week.

This weekend is going to be the first time out with it. Summer just doesn't want to end!!!

Nice. Mid 4s is like outrageous on a stocker. Not saying it can't be done but it's gonna be hella tough! Good luck on it!

Nice. Mid 4s is like outrageous on a stocker. Not saying it can't be done but it's gonna be hella tough! Good luck on it!
It will not be easy for sure, I am trying to do it cheap with a stock motor. If she gets there awesome, if not we throw in rods/pistons/springs and send it.

I think if we can push her she can 8th mile pretty quick safer than shooting for a 7 in the quarter. Basically like the SBE LS guys.

It will not be easy for sure, I am trying to do it cheap with a stock motor. If she gets there awesome, if not we throw in rods/pistons/springs and send it.

I think if we can push her she can 8th mile pretty quick safer than shooting for a 7 in the quarter. Basically like the SBE LS guys.
That's my plan basically. To roll a mid 4 you are gonna have to be in the 1.0s for 60' and have some strong strong mph. Probably a 80" super lightweight bike I'm assuming?

That's my plan basically. To roll a mid 4 you are gonna have to be in the 1.0s for 60' and have some strong strong mph. Probably a 80" super lightweight bike I'm assuming?
Yes, I plan to go 80+ inches once turbo and a 1.0 60’ is a must. Next year I will do grudge fairings as well/lose more weight where I can. I do not want to do a clutch except I may have to go MTC Gen 2 or something to get down there. I want to do it on a Dragmax, that would help MPH.

Back