Newbie with a few questions (piggy backing off other thread)

cbibb

Registered
Had a couple questions regarding the christmas tree. I have always been told to leave on the third yellow light, what is the general opinion on that? Whats the best way to get the quickest reaction time? Also when you are on the line, do you focus on the tree or look down the track and use your peripheral vision to see the tree? (if that makes any sense). Heading to the track again on Wed, and want to try to maximize my time there. Thanks

Get a laser eye to "read" the tree with an semi auto clutch that will engage automatically while utilizing launch control and feathered throttle techniques, and don't forget to hit the nitro boosters!

In reality Ive left on the third w/o problems but thats me.

-D

It depends on how hard you leave. I have to leave after the third yellow. Try leaving when you see the third yellow but don't anticipate it and leave when it comes on. Do that a few times to get an average reaction time, then decide if you need to adjust. Some guys will play a song in their head, or say a word, etc and time it with the lights so that they leave at the right time.

Back