went to the track today

jdamato

Registered
Hi all, well today i went to SGMP in valdosta. It was my 2nd trip going to the track and I havent been down the strip since last summer, so i was kinda nervous. But the results were good and the bike ran like a beast. I'm on an 08' thats lowered, has a yoshi pipe, and re geared. has the stock air filter and no tuning or power commander, foot shifted/stock wheelbase daily driver. I ran a .500 pro tree which was new to me but i liked it. My quickest time was a 9.236@150.82 with a 1.57 60 foot. but what suprised me was the mph it was pulling. The fastest the bike has ever gone was 151.2 at gainesville. today it was consistantly running 153.xxx with a 153.82 as the fastest. must be the air i guess. well it was good practice and i feel like i can launch allot beter now. Im gonna be goin back really soon, i need more practice! also i'm thinking about doing the clutch mod, does it make that big of a differance?

thats getting it done in my opinion. the air must have been great and you must be a light weight. with a 1.57 60 on a swb your clutch must be pretty good also. the clutch mod will let you leave harder by letting you slip the clutch more without grabbing or bucking off the line

Good times. Are you going back on the 21st. Let me know cause I'll be heading that way along with a few buddys of mine with zx10s you can beat up on.:laugh:

I'm not sure yet but its a possabitlity. I need to see what my work schedule is and how much homework i have(college student). but i defenently want to get back to the track it's so much fun. I will let you know the week before if i do or not.
Good times. Are you going back on the 21st. Let me know cause I'll be heading that way along with a few buddys of mine with zx10s you can beat up on.:laugh:

my friend actually did get a few vids,this is my 9.23 pass, kinda crappy/short vid though. im not really sure how to show a video but i can post the you tube link
Hayabusa drag launch and wheelie stock motor 9.23 - YouTube[/url]
impressive. ur mph is good enough for an 8 sec pass. get some video next time

Last edited by a moderator:
went again today, results were even better. I adjusted the dampening in the rear shock some which helped keep the front end down better. I went 9.161 @ 155.90 stock wheelbase, stock motor, foot shifted! but i think thats as quick as i can get it with the gearing it has now. I just cant keep the front down. i need taller gearing to slip the clutch longer in first gear. I herd 18/45 works great? I also smoked two slamed 2012 zx14's! here is my timeslip for any non believers :)

DSC01863.jpg

That bike is rollin...I was headed that way today and had to change my plans at the last minute. My buddy with a orange zx10 was there though. There was probably a bunch of zx14s from Thomasville there too. Going to go next week. Hope to see you there:thumbsup:

yes i did see them there, i ran with them all day. lots of bikes there! 3 new zx14's, 3 old 14's, 1 zx10, and 2 gsxr1000. all streched with air shifter except the new 14's. i was the only busa. but idk if i can go again this weekend:( i have to work and i already put stock gearing on it and changed the oil... and it is far from my house, i rode 160 miles there, ran a 9.16, then rode 160 miles home. i know lots of people find it hard to believe but the bike really is just a bone stock motor with a yoshi r77, and its lowered with 16/43 gears. has a suzuki air filter, no power commander or ecu editor....the gen2 is just a beast!
That bike is rollin...I was headed that way today and had to change my plans at the last minute. My buddy with a orange zx10 was there though. There was probably a bunch of zx14s from Thomasville there too. Going to go next week. Hope to see you there:thumbsup:

have u ever dynoed it? how much do u weigh? wow, great mph and congrats on a great swb time. chit, not many goin that fast with stretched big bore kits. try to get some more video.

have u ever dynoed it? how much do u weigh? wow, great mph and congrats on a great swb time. chit, not many goin that fast with stretched big bore kits. try to get some more video.

Huh? Stretched big bore bikes should be going mid-8's @ 160+.... :beerchug:

what they should do vs what they often do are two different things. seen plenty of guys have trouble going 9.30's with that setup.

That sounds like people buying stuff to go faster when they don't have the stock setup mastered... :laugh: (Unless they are 300lbs+...) :whistle:

I have to ask, how much do you weigh? I ride about the only swb bike in my area, best 60' is 1.59, and my 330's and 1/4's are not near yours? Just curious

Back