F1 light when downshifting

Maui251

Registered
On my 08, downshifting over 3k, or shifting at too high of RPMs (7.5ish or higher) and the F1 light comes on and acceleration is no longer smooth or fast. Turn the bike off and restart, no f1 light. Those instances are when it's most common, but I've had it happen inside of those parameters. Multiple "mechanics" have given me different solutions, but to no avail.
Fixes I've tried following said advice:

1- Replace fuel pump
2- Replace plugs
3- Remove STVS, and now being unable to reinstall, I've added the STV eliminator from Healtech
4- Idle speed adjust, had it from about 10.5 up to 15
5-kickstand switch delete

After adding the stv eliminator and still not having luck, and not find ANYTHING on here, I'm losing hope. Has anyone ran into this issue?

It appears you've had this problem since your first post in '22 and it hasn't been resolved.....

It almost sounds like a fuel starvation issue, once the demand goes up, the FI light comes on letting you know there's an issue.

Have you placed it into dealer's mode to draw a code when the FI light comes on?

I'd be doing that.

So to recap, you've replaced:

Fuel pump
Spark plugs
STV elimination
Adjusted idle speed
Kickstand switch elimination

You've done pretty much what I would have done so far.....

Have you checked fuel pressure at the injectors?
Have you cleaned the injectors?
Have you checked the resistance at the coils?

When you replaced the fuel pump, everything went in as it should I take it? The filters were installed correctly and such?

Seeing as the issue was happening before the addition of your Power Commander.....taking it off wouldn't resolve the problem I figure....

I JUST saw my original post after going for a ride in dealer mode. C40, I remember I replaced the clutch switch but it wasn't correct, I pretty much bypassed it with the new switch. There lies the current c40 code. I think the STV eliminator resolved 6 of the codes. Replacing clutch switch and cleaning ISC valve(the final code from diag test) tonight probably, and I'm sure all my issues will be resolved. If not, coils were my next plan, but many have discouraged me from that being the issue, and now with you confirming all the EXACT thoughts that I've had and previously addressed, has boosted my confidence in my mechanical aptitude. I'm an aircraft mechanic, don't do cars, and just recently have taken a deep dive into bikes, but mostly Harleys, I will update after this weekend whether or not my confidence is still there, or I'm on my way to buy a horse and buggy

Back