F1 light comes on and flashes

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
as soon as i got dyno'd and after 6 years of never seeing this on izzy. if i run it full throttle and close to rev limiter (cant say for sure if i hit it or not..not hearing it) the F1 light comes on and steady flashes once ever approx 3 seconds...does not stay on steady. if i stop the bike and shut it down and restart...light flashing goes away. this seems to happen any time i go close to rev limiter in first gear. ive only had her out rideing 2 times..once to work friday and a quick run to shoot some vid for HIH :please: what does this mean...ill be calling tuner on monday to let him know. but better to have a heads up

ill call him monday do3... its never done it and did it soon as i took it for its first ride

i called doug...he figures its the injectors tripping for rev limiter...standard given the older models and how fast its accelerateing vs normal now...thats why it resets and dont repeat and only happens when hard run to rev limit

i called doug...he figures its the injectors tripping for rev limiter...standard given the older models and how fast its accelerateing vs normal now...thats why it resets and dont repeat and only happens when hard run to rev limit

Still seems weird. You can't possibly be the only Gen 1 rider that rides his tuned bike to the limiter. Shouldn't be getting a code for that.. I'd still bring it back, or check for codes with the paper clip trick..
:beerchug:

I've bounced Luci off the rev limiter several times and never got an FI light. You have something other than the rev limiter going on there. Put it on dealer mode and pill the code.

part of the problem is i have to make it happen then not turn the bike off...then check..cuase as soon as i turn bike off...it looses the F1 light...or does it keep the code ?

part of the problem is i have to make it happen then not turn the bike off...then check..cuase as soon as i turn bike off...it looses the F1 light...or does it keep the code ?

You can use the kill switch, just flip it back to run when the engine shuts off. The key must be on to check for codes, but it doesn't matter if the bike is running or not.

Codes are also only present when the fi light is on.

kk so kill switch but dont turn off key...got it and fumble around removeing the seat and sticking a paperclip in...yada yada lol

Considering the recent tune - the fuel table numbers are most likely a bit over the top for a stock engine with HMF duals. A common thing to trip the FI light on a 1397 with cams and such that really needed the fuel before people started crunching the regulators .

What was the dyno sheet air fuel ratio , just out of curiosity because that may come into play here.

By chance are those exhaust tips black and sooty compared to before ?

Grab your fuel map after maximizing the resolution and post the numbers in the 80 and 100% column from 5k rpm up to the last number and note the rpm with them and i'll have a look-see at it for you . Or, just email the map and i'll look at it. Remind me with a PM that goes to email.

Short the connector and leave it there for the ride. The display will show "-C00" all the time, but when the problem occurs, it will show the actual code - at least for a moment.

I personally installed a switch, so switching to dealer mode is a flip of a switch - for a second, or for entire ride - as needed.

You may have a bad connection somewhere, and at high rpm it may go open for a very short moment - enough for ECU to catch it.

Please help I’m having the same issues what was it ? Bike will throw code c32 and code c35 at high rpm’s and flashes at me . Don’t have any issues with riding it tho . Hav exchanged plug because they went bad one day while riding . Have pc3 quick shifter and ti exouhst

Please help I’m having the same issues what was it ? Bike will throw code c32 and code c35 at high rpm’s and flashes at me . Don’t have any issues with riding it tho . Hav exchanged plug because they went bad one day while riding . Have pc3 quick shifter and ti exouhst
ok now i remember... it was only when i went past rev limiter. turn bike off it resets... did not happen again unless i over reved it.

Back