Gen 2 Busa cutting off at stops

The_HighwayMan

Registered
Recently I've been having a problem when I come to a stop the bike will cut off with no F1 light. I had an oil change thinking that I had a low amount of oil and on the way home it cut off at a light. I have seen a lot of post about the idle screw, but they are all referring to Gen1 busa's. I have a Gen 2 and don't know where the idle screw is or if that's the real issue. While riding on the highway no issues; the bike responds great. I don't have a garage or tools to do a lot of trial and error, but don't want to put it in the shop for a wild goose chase either. The bike only has 4300 miles on it. Any thoughts or advice would be great.

I don't own a Gen2, but idle speed could impact any vehicle. (and would cause this type of thing to occur)

Does this also happen at the initial start up? or only when it warms up?

Only after it warms up. I rode into today and it seems to be idling right above 1k. I can't find anything on how to get the idle speed up on a Gen2

1K seems a bit low. My Gen 1 ran/runs like crap if it's set any lower than 1250rpm... not sure about a Gen 2.

Here is a link to perform this on a gen1... Idle adjustment location on '05
I could be wrong (and someone please correct me if I am), but I doubt much would have changed on a gen 2. Every Suzuki I have ever owned, the idle screw is located in roughly the same location. Prop the tank up and take a look.

Idle not adjustable manually. Idle controlled by an idle speed control. Little solonoid looking thing on the front of the throttle bodies by the spark plugs. The isc motor could be going bad or crudded up.

Have you modded the bike? If you don't have the stock O2 semsor in the pipe you may be running rich.
I had to take mine and use the Wooolich program to set the idle up to 1500 then while it was idling watch the AFR/rpms. Then get in those fuel cells and knock some fuel out of it to get it down where it wasn't running so rich.

Back