Exhaust Question

Postal

Donating Member
Registered
For a Busa with a Stage 1 turbo, full exhaust, can a person simply remove exhaust and switch over to a dump pipe without re-tuning?

Thanks.

P.

Most if not all of your back pressure on a turbo setup is caused by the turbo itself, thats why you don't loose bottom end when you install a turbo with a dump pipe. It shouldn't be a problem but I would keep an eye on the A/F gauge if you have one. If you don't I would recommend getting one.

NO you need to tune again. With a dump pipe you will be pushing about 14-20 more hp amd your A/F will be very different.

NO you need to tune again. With a dump pipe you will be pushing about 14-20 more hp amd your A/F will be very different.

I'm with ya! It will get a full re-tune when I switch over to the dump pipe and bigger air filter. I'm not risking blowing up a $20,000 bike.

Thanks.

P.

:beerchug:

If your present tune up is on the ragged edge, with a A/F 12.1 or leaner I would definatly get it remapped, but if your running 6psi pf boost or less and your a bit on the rich side, the dump sould not cause any problems, a problem with widebands or the innovate setup is with the O2 sensor in the short dump pipe a lot of times the readings are not exactly correct, except maybe at WFO, because with such a short pipe the readings at low and mid range are sometimes false because the sensor is so close to the opening of the pipe, as you can see with a full system this is not a problem, some of the good turbo tuners party block the pipe to get a more accruate reading from the sensor, this is why sometimes when a turbo bike is dynoed it makes a ton of power but the low speed driveability is not so great,so if you do get it remapped have it done by a pro that has done turbos,

If your present tune up is on the ragged edge, with a A/F 12.1 or leaner I would definatly get it remapped, but if your running 6psi pf boost or less and your a bit on the rich side, the dump sould not cause any problems, a problem with widebands or the innovate setup is with the O2 sensor in the short dump pipe a lot of times the readings are not exactly correct, except maybe at WFO, because with such a short pipe the readings at low and mid range are sometimes false because the sensor is so close to the opening of the pipe, as you can see with a full system this is not a problem, some of the good turbo tuners party block the pipe to get a more accruate reading from the sensor, this is why sometimes when a turbo bike is dynoed it makes a ton of power but the low speed driveability is not so great,so if you do get it remapped have it done by a pro that has done turbos,

I am grateful.... Thanks much!

:thumbsup:

Back