RCC Stage I Dump Pipes noise level at idle

oskala

Banned
How loud are the dump pipes for the RCC Stage I Turbo at idle?

At idle will Dump Pipes pass inspection in regards to noise levels?

Does anyone have a Vid or link to a Vid (YouTube) of an RCC Stage I Turbo running dump pipes on a Gen II Busa at idle?

Last edited:
At idle they are louder than stock, but nothing crazy. I have a gen1 + no vid sorry for that, but they aren't that bad. It is a lower throaty tone.

I will not ride my RCC stage 1 with dump pipes to work in the morning. Early morning rides to work are duties left to my ZX-10 with a slip on. I leave my house at 4am and I will absolutely wake up neighbors if I idle until the Busa until the temps are up to operating range. Much too loud for that.

I personally like the loud dump pipes but I always have to ride with earplugs (I did so even when I had my alien head system). I doubt you can pass noise level testing, whatever that metric is.

Here is an idea of what they sound like at idle. Camera is on dump pipe side about four feet above. I was talking to the tuner earlier before the filming started so you briefly catch two words of the conversation. I have posted this on other topics but in case you missed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ones I've been around aren't bad at idle. RCC might have sound level data on their site. Don't know the requirements in Maine.......

i cant explain what RCC might sound like but my gt2871r sounds maybe around 120-130db steady from 6k-redline at 13k. its safer, produces more power but irritating. yeah it sounds mean but you really rely on your shift light because that deicible sounds the same all the way through rather a progressive sound towards redline, just my .02

not sure but louder at while at idle than a bike with a full exhaust but not as loud as a bike with an aftermarket exhaust when out riding

I don't have a DB # but it is loud. If you don't use the fast idle it is more reasonable.

I try to minimize the time it is on fast idle and get out of the neighborhood as quick as I can.

Thanks everyone for your input. I'll just bite the bullet cost wise and get the full exhaust system so I won't have to worry about getting tickets, passing inspection, or going deaf at higher RPM's. I'll probably also get the dump pipe for bike night and when I'm out looking for ZX-14's and BMW K1300S's. :laugh:

dumps sound good but dont kid yourself they are loud.I would get a pipe if you mainly use it for the street but definelty get dumps if you plan on taking it to the track:thumbsup:

No, don't think you will find one, why the heck would you go dump if you want it not to be loud????

:poke:some food for thought...anything loader then 107-110 decibels will in fact damage your ears(sound engineer for 20 years)....that's why my pipe is behind me....:laugh: also why non of my friends will ride on my right hand side next to me..:whistle:
btw most rock conerts are about 112 db and the sirens on police fire and ambulances are about 132 db

does anyone make a dump pipe with a baffle?
I have seen 3 or 4 turbo busa at my local drag strip with full exhaust after the turbo....in fact on some of these bikes if you didn't see the air filter sticking out the left hand fairing you wouldn't even know they had a turbo on it:thumbsup:

maybe the sneaky turbo is the way to go. anyone use cutouts for a little loud time?

Here's an idea, put on a electric cutback dump pipe. That way you can choose to be loud or quiet with the push of a button.

Back