Exhaust Decision Needed

bstamper

Registered
I am trying to make my decision on which exhaust to go with. I've read, read, and read post after post on all of these and I've narrorwed it down to 2...well 3 (listed below). The busa is a daily driver for me going to work and back and on the weekends evenings the occasional cruse. I'm not so much concerend with the HP gains but more going for look and sound. Based on this i've narrowed my choices down to the following 3. Price across them seems to be similar.

Brock's Alien Head
Yosh R-77 Full Carbon
Akrapovic

So the Akrapovic is not made yet for the 08 but based on what i've read it is highly regarded and maybe worth waiting for. I decided on what i've read that I can not exclude it and yet I don't even know what it looks like...maybe no one does as its not made yet. Also have no idea if the price is relative.

So a few questions I have on these exhausts:

1. Do i need a PC with them?

a. Yosh: Based on what i've read and what i've found the answer to this is no. This post gives me some reassurance of this:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=77;t=87279

b. Brock AH: Yes? So on their site they sell pre-mapped PC's. But they claim race map...Do i really need one to put this exaust on a stock bike that is not going to race and where i'm not concerend with the HP gains. Or is there more reason as in the health of the bike and it running right at all.

c. Akrapovic:
rock.gif

2. Sound? So people post vids of the sound of these but I don't feel the whole effect of the exhaust is gathered thru a soundbit. So based on what I know (how the bike sounds stock) what will the result of these systems be in words?

a. Yosh: ??

b. Brock: as i've read all i can gather is..its loud...not that i have a problem with that. What type of loud though? Is it a low deep sound? High pitched scream?

c. Akrapovic:
rock.gif

3. Install. So I am not sure I am up for installing this myself. I've done a number of different mods on different bikes over the years but never the exhaust full and this bike is my baby and i don't want to risk anything. I could have my Stealership install it...not thrilled but I do have a great relationship with the guy who sold me the bike. Simply stated he told me to go talk to him when I was ready to put an exhaust on it and they would be more than happy to do it. I thought that was pretty good as they in most cases don't condone aftermarket. Anyone have experiance with this in the midwest area...more specifically Minneapolis? Any suggestions?

Hopefully with the information above gathered hopefully i can make my decision!! Thanks to all in advance.

rock.gif

Not forgoten just left out as I am not fond of the look. Its simply a personal thing and not a bash on the product as I've read many great things about this as well. However if anyone wants to answer any of the above question relative to the TiForce as well it may help the next guy out in his decision.

I WENT WITH THE SLIP-ON. I did not need any more HP but wanted a nice look.
Here a pic of my Yosh.

032308074.jpg

out of the aboive you choose i would choose the alien head they look great on the bike and create some good power.

out of the aboive you choose i would choose the alien head they look great on the bike and create some good power.
Agreed they do look great. I feel the R-77 looks great as well. However, in making my decision I would like to know if I need the PC with the AH or if its just needed for racing purposes. Also, I would like to know what these two would do for sound. What difference would they make over what i know now in the stock sound.

nah the pc is used so you can the air fuel ratio perfect so you dont lean out or go to rich some will say you dont need it on an 08 but ive seen what happends to a bike that gets to lean.. Say goodbye to pistons after a bit. Its only a few more hundred dollars and will save you alot of headache in the future.

If you don't care about performance and don't want to buy a PC why get a full system...? You may as well just get slip-ons (mufflers/canisters) only...

What color is your 08?

This may make a difference in your decision. I really like the look of the carbon on the Black 08. There are a lot of guys not adding a PCIII and are happy. Many did and are happy... I have not read where anyone was unhappy either way.
laugh.gif

yosh_sm.jpg

After doing some more searching I am leaning tward the alien head given its reviews. I do like the idea of it being somewhat louder and as i stated i'm still torn over the looks between it and the R-77. I think the AH gives that mean look and the R-77 gives a very show like look.

Get brocks short meg! Alot deeper tone than alien head(which sound like yosh).
cursin.gif
You can also remove the silencer(noise level 113db @ idle), or keep it in(87db @ idle).

Do a search on the Tsukigi Cannon. It looks great and as my test ride last night went, they make some serious power and are really loud.

OK I have to bite the bullet some time. Any site sponsor give discounts or deals to board members...or heck anyone have the best priced place to buy?

You won't see much of a discount with any of Brock's Products as he doesn't really give much of a deal to his dealers.

OK I have to bite the bullet some time.  Any site sponsor give discounts or deals to board members...or heck anyone have the best priced place to buy?
Call me I will give you the H.org discount but you must state your screen name when calling...503-663-3278

Back