exhaust

blackbullet

Registered
Ive read a lot about people just taking off the mufflers and putting on the little tips so the exhaust is loud. Ive also read that this will cause loss of power in the low end. If i was to do this and put a Power Commander on it, would I have to worry about the loss of power? I want to get a new exhaust system but just can't afford Brock's at the moment so I want to do something to make the bike louder, the quiet is killing me. Thanks

Well the pc doesn't give it power, its just going to make sure it runs as effectively and efficiently as possible while giving the motor the correct AF ratio. I think if you are insistent in just putting tips on, you will be fine. The power loss if indeed that is true would be so minimal that unless your were racing where every millaounce of power was needed, you wouldn't notice it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh ok, thanks for the help guys. I had a m4 shorty exhaust on my 1000 and now i have a stock 09 hayabusa and would just like to hear some noise lol

One thing to consider, with tips, your exhuast will heat up your legs nicely, so if you enjoy riding in the Summer, you might want to consider that. And while the noise is pretty gnarly, it tends to wear on your ears after a while.

I'm going to switch to a full exhuast pretty soon. You can see my current pipes in my sig. Thet do look awesome though.

would I even need to get a power commander? or is it going to not be enough back pressure? Also, where do you guys order your tips from?

Id save up a little longer, to me bikes with harley shorty tips sound not the greatest

Agreed If you want the Brocks save up and get it IMHO and I dont mean to offend anyone but taking the cans off and just putting slash cut tips or nothing at all is about the most backwood retardest thing in the world sans you have a race bike. But to each his own. :beerchug:

I dont mean to offend anyone but taking the cans off and just putting slash cut tips or nothing at all is about the most backwood retardest thing in the world sans you have a race bike. But to each his own. :beerchug:

Now why would I take offence to that. ??? ??? ???

==========================================================

000_2782.jpg

000_3038.jpg

would I even need to get a power commander? or is it going to not be enough back pressure? Also, where do you guys order your tips from?

You can use the Heddman headers Hot Tips from Jegs, I'd put in some baffles as well to help reduce some of the noise and return some of the backpressure to your exhaust. I ran the same thing for a few months before switching....they are loud.....didn't see any significant change in power....did I mention they're loud? :laugh:

Agreed If you want the Brocks save up and get it IMHO and I dont mean to offend anyone but taking the cans off and just putting slash cut tips or nothing at all is about the most backwood retardest thing in the world sans you have a race bike. But to each his own. :beerchug:

Sans huh? speaking of "retardest" :lol:

Last edited:
You can use the Heddman headers Hot Tips from Jegs, I'd put in some baffles as well to help reduce some of the noise and return some of the backpressure to your exhaust. I ran the same thing for a few months before switching....they are loud.....didn't see any significant change in power....did I mention they're loud? :laugh:

Well good...The way people drive in dallas i need something for them to hear me. I had a close call tuesday and at least next time they can hear something in their ear. Thanks to demmym on the helpful information I have found the tips im giong to get, but was wondering which map would be the best to get with a PC? Demmym told me what he was using but i didnt know if it would be different for a gen II

Well good...The way people drive in dallas i need something for them to hear me. I had a close call tuesday and at least next time they can hear something in their ear. Thanks to demmym on the helpful information I have found the tips im giong to get, but was wondering which map would be the best to get with a PC? Demmym told me what he was using but i didnt know if it would be different for a gen II

Custom map for the win all bikes are different what works on one may not work as well on yours.:thumbsup:

I don't think I explained myself the right way I was pointing toward the goofs who go to autozone and get those tips the hotbodies/roaring toyz are nice:thumbsup:

The ones on demmyms bike are actually the Hedman Exhaust tips, and they are a lot cheaper then the hotbodies/roaring toyz. Im going to eventually get a brocks, i just dont have that much money to lay down for exhaust, thats why i want a "cheaper" alternative for now.

Back