Aftermarket Exhaust

yubee

Registered
I want to know what's involved in changing my stock exhaust. Do I just buy and install or I need to tune the engine to match the new exhaust ? I heard you have to install a power commander when you change exhaust. Please help.

After I changed my exhaust it was about 3 months before I put a PCIII on mine. However one thing I did do was under the airbox I blocked off the pair line to stop it from backfiring.

I want to know what's involved in changing my stock exhaust. Do I just buy and install or I need to tune the engine to match the new exhaust ? I heard you have to install a power commander when you change exhaust. Please help.

Depends on what kind of exhaust...a full exhaust or slip ons???...slip ons,not really...full exhaust ...more then likely,you would have to change the fuel map...with either a re-flash,or a PC3. Dr.Nick

Any suggestions for slip ons ?

I have Ti-Force slip ons with 60mm outlets,shaved about 27lbs from bike:laugh:...PC3,with a map I got off there website...and I removed the 02 sensor...bike runs decent,no issue's....but actually most slip-ons with standard outlet doesn't need a PC3...but if you intend on runnig slip-ons with standard outlet ,keep the the 02 sensor in place.:beerchug:

You don't need a pc to run a full exhaust on a gen II. Simple as that. Will you can a few marginal horsepower from installing one and tuning it per bike, yes.

IMO:
A stock ecu is just as good as a pc with a generic map in it. If you're gong to do a pc3 or pc5, you should do a custom map using tuning link etc.
THIS IS NOT REQUIRED
you can run on a stock ecu and be fine, but you will leave a few on the tale.

I have the two brothers slip ons on mine and love them. I have never done anything to my bike. I just put them on and have been riding. I love the sound of them. When I got mine they did not have the short ones. I would have gone with the short ones if they had them back then. My bike is an 08.Here is a pic of mine. Good luck

DSC_0037.jpg

Last edited:
I have the two brothers slip ons on mine and love them. I have never done anything to my bike. I just put them on and have been riding. I love the sound of them. When I got mine they did not have the short ones. I would have gone with the short ones if they had them back then. My bike is an 08.Here is a pic of mine. Good luck

If you like the shorts, just cut yours. Drill the rivets on the pipe side and take the muffler off, which is what you do to repack them anyway. Cut the mufflers to whatever length you like(bandsaw, portaband, or even a hacksaw). Put the pipe back on, mark the holes with a sharpie, drill, and rivet back together. Done, it's simple:thumbsup:

If you like the shorts, just cut yours. Drill the rivets on the pipe side and take the muffler off, which is what you do to repack them anyway. Cut the mufflers to whatever length you like(bandsaw, portaband, or even a hacksaw). Put the pipe back on, mark the holes with a sharpie, drill, and rivet back together. Done, it's simple:thumbsup:

Good idea. I might have to give this a try. Thanks

Good idea. I might have to give this a try. Thanks

Sure, and just an FYI, I've cut down several mufflers over the years, but never a Two Brothers. You may/may not have to remove the end cap too. The rivets that hold it on may go into the center metal tube of the muffler. So you'de have to remove the cap so the center section will slide out, some mufflers are like this, some aren't. Worst case you just have to drill a few more rivets:beerchug:

Gonna have to do the research on it, plenty of threads to search and check out here. When you know what you like Post up a Poll and ask opinions to help you decide.

Back