Newbie To Mods

I ride a 2013 and just recently put a full vance and hines exhaust with K&N Air filter and I chose to go with ECU flash and tune it was only 250 from lees performance and it is spot on. Id recommend ECU flash and tune over the power commander. I had mine on the dyno to see if a power commander would give me more but it wont. You wont regret the flash when you see the numbers.

I don't think that any of the sponsors here that offer flashing mess with the A/F ratios they just remove the limiters, adjust the cooling fan, turn off pair , and so on. I have not even heard of one changing A/F on the bench. I also did not know that Woolich or ECU editor would permanently mess up my computer. Guess I made the wrong choice by not adding extra equipment to my bike. Guess I got lucky because it runs great now.
Lee's Performance will tune A/F ratios

Glad it was good. IMO you got lucky. It's a huge risk adjusting the a/f when you don't have the bike on the dyno or some other way of seeing how the changes are affecting the bike. I would not recommend having that done.

Glad it was good. IMO you got lucky. It's a huge risk adjusting the a/f when you don't have the bike on the dyno or some other way of seeing how the changes are affecting the bike. I would not recommend having that done.

+1
But if Lee's did it, it's right.
If he did adjust the air/fuel, he must have used a saved Ecu Editor map from a bike with similiar mods that they already dyno tuned.
Watch Lee on Youtube, he makes Bazzaz look easy.

Add a Wideband2 or Autotune to the PC5 and it will tune any map on the fly but in practice, these systems only work for the cruising range of the map. If you want to use Autotune for all throttle positions and rpm, you need to do high speed runs holding the throttle at a single throttle position and you have to do it a few times to get the AFR perfect. Then you move on to the next TP and do more runs for that. It requires a lot of time to understand the process and it takes 30 or 40 runs over 100 mph if you want to tune the whole map. If your base map is close to perfect already, I don't think you would notice a big improvement. I did not. Now add an ignition module and you have control of timing.

A flash is a lot quicker and less expensive. It also addresses some important ECU functions (like flies tuning) that modules cannot.

What happened to ECU Editor? We were discussing that a few weeks ago. I thought that was the way to go over an actual flash.

Add a Wideband2 or Autotune to the PC5 and it will tune any map on the fly but in practice, these systems only work for the cruising range of the map. If you want to use Autotune for all throttle positions and rpm, you need to do high speed runs holding the throttle at a single throttle position and you have to do it a few times to get the AFR perfect. Then you move on to the next TP and do more runs for that. It requires a lot of time to understand the process and it takes 30 or 40 runs over 100 mph if you want to tune the whole map. If your base map is close to perfect already, I don't think you would notice a big improvement. I did not. Now add an ignition module and you have control of timing.

A flash is a lot quicker and less expensive. It also addresses some important ECU functions (like flies tuning) that modules cannot.

What happened to ECU Editor? We were discussing that a few weeks ago. I thought that was the way to go over an actual flash.

Ecu Editor IS what you use to "flash" the ecu.
Whether that flash is just a couple clicks, like changing fan on/off temps or smart TRE with top speed limiter removal. Or, that, a few more simple changes, and including a full on dyno tune adjusting the air/fuel ratio.

Back