How easy to restore to factory stock?

CWCobra

Registered
I'm looking at maybe buying a 2012 'Busa that the original owner has modified. He has installed a full Brocks exhaust, power commander, and some other minor items. Assuming he still has the OEM exhaust, how easy is it to return the bike to stock, with respect to the exhaust and tune? Is it as simple as remove and reinstall? Or is there re- tuning involved? Would warranty be automatically voided for any engine-related issues since he has the mods? It's a 2012 with less than 1,000 miles.

I have no reason to doubt seller's assurances of this being a 100% trouble free bike, but the mods, low miles, and low price might or might not mean anything.

The only thing I would ask him is if he had the restrictions in the ecu taken off. Probably not with that low of miles and with having a PC but you never know. Can I ask why you would want to go back to stock?

Depending on which exhaust system it is, I'll buy it. Shoot me a PM if you end up getting it. Like others have said though, it is very easy to go back to stock, just not sure why you would really want to...

As for warranty issues, if the modifications don't have anything to do with the warranty claim, shouldn't matter.
Such as: A problem with the headlight, and the exhaust system has been replaced.

As to why go back, well it's all just personal preference. And my personal preferences are for the original look, sound and feel of factory stock. Others may feel differently, and that's fine; I can respect that. But I'm past the point where I need or want more sound or performance than offered off the showroom floor. Plus, I have found that pristine factory stock vehicles, two wheel or four, are often very much easier to sell later on down the line. Not always, but often.

As to the warranty question, my only concern would be whether a burned valve, or cracked piston, etc., would be covered by warranty in the presence of the tuner. My experience with cars tells me no.

I think I'll pass this one up. Don't really need another bike anyways.

Back