brocks shortmeg vs hotbodies slipons

asylum1

Registered
Ive watched some videos but its hard to tell. Ive heard that the brocks shortmeg is loud. How loud is the shortmeg full system vs the loudness of the hotbodies slip-ons? Which one is louder? I have the hotbodies on my bike right now but considering going with a full exhaust over the winter if I dont end up going turbo.

Ive watched some videos but its hard to tell. Ive heard that the brocks shortmeg is loud. How loud is the shortmeg full system vs the loudness of the hotbodies slip-ons? Which one is louder? I have the hotbodies on my bike right now but considering going with a full exhaust over the winter if I dont end up going turbo.

If you don't go turbo definitely go with the shortmeg. You can run it without the baffle , with the baffle, and brocks also makes a silencer plug for the exhaust as well.

I love the way mine sounds with the baffle in, my brother runs his without and it's quite a bit louder. You will get a pretty high performance gain just switching to the brocks because of the backpressure or lack there of with your hotbodies tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever since I bought the bike, Ive wanted to go turbo so I didnt want to spend the money on a full exhaust and then have to take it off if/when I went turbo. Since winter is here and the bike is stored away for a few months, its mod time. I really want to go turbo but as much as I would like to do it now, I dont think now is the right time as I dont think I can afford to do it the way I want right now and build it right. So.....Ive been thinking about going full exhaust. I like how loud the hotbodies are but obviously isnt helping performance.

Go Brock's. If you ever do end up going turbo you can resell the exhaust system. The hot bodies tips wont hold as much value.

I already have the hotbodies. If I replace them with a brocks full exhaust, I know I wont be able to sell the hotbodies for much. But regardless if I got with a turbo or a brocks exhaust, the hotbodies will be useless to me both ways. The question I have is how does the shortmeg sound compared to the hotbodies. I already know the performance gain of the brocks exhaust. How loud is the shortmeg compared to the hotbodies considering the hotbodies are just slipons and with the shortmeg, you get rid of the cat

the short meg has a deep purr at idle and is fairly loud at cruise. At full boogie it's nice n loud. Personaly, I feel the sound is nicer from Brock's but that comes down individual tastes.

i'm looking forward to a ct meg myself, but you'll have a substantial performance increase going to the short meg and a tune vs just the slip ons.

I know that there will be a performance gain going with the brocks. Im just wondering if the shortmeg will be as loud as the hotbodies slipon

I went from HotBodies to the Brocks Alienhead full system this summer. Loudness level is the same - Brocks sounds better.

Back