Exhaust Port Gaskets / Yoshimura R77

roadczar

Registered
Question for people who installed Yosh R77 on the K8.
Yosh instruction state not to install the exhaust port gaskets when installing R77. I've installed plenty of systems and this is a first for me.

Did you use gaskets?
If not then did you have any problems with exhaust leaks?
Thanks.

You dont need them, follow the instructions. Yosh knows what they are doing.
Mine are fine and I havent seen a single problem from this.

did not use them and mine seem fine.. I was suprised at what a quality product the yoshi's are.

Trust me, they are not needed whatsoever. The benefits of procuring a high quality, finely-machined system like the Yosh setup.

Cylinder3.jpg

Thanks!

Still it seems weird that for '99 "“ "˜07
Yosh states:

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
...Remove exhaust port gaskets and install new exhaust
port gaskets.
(not supplied - Suzuki part no. 14181-22D01)[/quote]

But for "˜08
<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
...Remove stock mufflers, stock header, and stock exhaust port
gaskets.
NOTE: Exhaust port gaskets will not be used with Yoshimura
exhaust system. [/quote]

This is the answer I received from Yosh tech support..... Not pleased... This is a bogus reason for not using gaskets

Question:

Hi,

Please confirm to not install the exhaust port gaskets when installing R77 full system.

It seems weird that for '99 "“ "˜07
Yosh states:
Quote:

port gaskets.
(not supplied - Suzuki part no. 14181-22D01)

But for "˜08
Quote:

gaskets.
exhaust system.

Why there is no need for gaskets on '08?[/quote]

Answer:

WHEN IT WAS FITTED WITH THE GASKETS ON IT WAS TOO CLOSE TO THE RADIATOR.
THANKS
Yoshimura Sales
[/quote]

That is kind of a crap answer. I got the same thing about the exhaust my self. They could come up with some FAQs on their website to make it easier for everyone.

I Just installed the R77 full exhaust on my Hayabusa 2011 but i forgot to remove said Gaskets, so is there is any problem may occurs in the future by leaving said OEM gaskets or i have to take them off and reinstall the exhaust ?

This is the answer I received from Yosh tech support..... Not pleased... This is a bogus reason for not using gaskets

Question:

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Hi,

Please confirm to not install the exhaust port gaskets when installing R77 full system.

It seems weird that for '99 "“ "˜07
Yosh states:
Quote:

port gaskets.
(not supplied - Suzuki part no. 14181-22D01)

But for "˜08
Quote:

gaskets.
exhaust system.

Why there is no need for gaskets on '08?[/quote]

Answer:

WHEN IT WAS FITTED WITH THE GASKETS ON IT WAS TOO CLOSE TO THE RADIATOR.
THANKS
Yoshimura Sales
[/quote][/QUOTE]

I Just installed the R77 full exhaust on my Hayabusa 2011 but i forgot to remove said Gaskets, so is there is any problem may occurs in the future by leaving said OEM gaskets or i have to take them off and reinstall the exhaust ?

Back