exercises for track weekend

spotrot

Registered
Any particular exercises that help get ready for a weekend at a track?

My first track experience will be with yamaha champions riding school at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah Sept. 28/29.

I'm already running, roller blading and the usual gym stuff.

I imagine there will be a lot more leg action than I get on the street.

This track is the best that there is. Unbelievably fast and smooth as glass. Bicycling is great. Try doing the "chair" Skiers do this exercise and it asks the same thing from your body that trackdays do. Lean back against a wall with your quadriceps perpendicular to the ground. Hold for 3 minutes...rest...repeat.

HAVE FUN! Lamb is jealous

This track is the best that there is. Unbelievably fast and smooth as glass. Bicycling is great. Try doing the "chair" Skiers do this exercise and it asks the same thing from your body that trackdays do. Lean back against a wall with your quadriceps perpendicular to the ground. Hold for 3 minutes...rest...repeat.

Wow Lamb thats pretty smart. I never thought of doing those, but if you think about it it's almost the exact same type of stress your thighs feel while track riding.

Learn something new everday :)

Tuff and Fast,
Took your advice and started riding. Surprising how quickly those leg muscles can improve. Could barely do one hill first try. A couple days later could do three. OK, it was not a hill, just a big bridge . We try to make do in FL.

Lamb:
That seems great too. Gravity must be stronger here though. No can do 3 minutes yet.

I like the chair exercise a lot, and my ellipitical made a big difference.

Now Lamb, would that be "Perpendicular" or "Parallel"? :dunno:

:poke:

@spotrot

How did you like the Yamaha Champions Riding School?

Thought you might be interested in knowing that the guys at the Yamaha Champions Riding School are offering a very rare and exclusive online only discount of $300 off on their November and December schools at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

You can get signed up by using the discount code "Vegas300" by entering it in the “Discount Codeâ€￾ box found on the form shown via the links below. The code provides an instant $300 discount.

Two-Day Yamaha Champions Riding School at LVMS w/ Guest Instructor Scott Russell!
Monday, 21 November 2011 - Tuesday, 22 November 2011
www.millermotorsportspark.com/ridin...=190&controller=event&task=individualRegister

Two-Day Yamaha Champions Riding School at LVMS w/Guest Instructor Scott Russell!
Sunday, 11 December 2011 08:00 AM - Monday, 12 December 2011 04:00 PM
www.millermotorsportspark.com/ridin...=191&controller=event&task=individualRegister

I think biking is great. Lots of pro's do that. Really anything that builds strength and endurance of the quadraceps muscles is key. Make sure you drink water or gatorade between riding sessions. You get dehyrdated way faster than you can imagine at the track. Proper hydration will also help with moving lactic acid outta your sore muscles!!

Great point on hydration.

Also, you should begin hydration the day before by drinking lots of water as well as between track sessions.

Improved cardio is just as important (Maybe more so) than strength training.

Maybe it's just me (and my first time on a track and I jog a couple times a week) but it wasn't an aerobic event.

The bicycling was the most help for me. One issue I had was that the muscles near my hip cramped up badly in the first 10 minutes of riding the R6. I thought the event was done for me but it cleared up and I made it through thee two days.

@robmmp I'll review the school in a separate post; thanks for the discount info - that's great.

Back