Keith Code's 2-day Camp vs STAR or CLASS

spotrot

Registered
Anyone with experience or advice on these good-sounding choices:

Keith Code's 2-day Camp (with the very cool sounding slide-bike and more)
Superbike School :: Machinery

vs Jason Pridmore's STAR "Skills and Techniques for Advanced Riding"
Streets of Willow : Jason Pridmore's STAR Motorcycle School - 2-time AMA Champion Jason Pridmore and his STAR staff teach beginner and advanced riding techniques at racetracks across the United States.

or Reg Pridmore's CLASS "Best Street Riding School: by Motorcyclist Magazine
About CLASS

Code is $$$ (but with the bike and gear) and has the wild "toys"

I'm leaning toward Code at Miller Motorsports Park UT July 1. (P.S. This is for a nearly 60 y/o - riding since '63 but not likely to make track days more than a couple times a year). I just want it for the joy of going fast (without tickets, sand on corners, dogs or deer, and grannies in Mercury's).

Hard choice, I would say go to the track you "want" to ride at because all three schools are top choices. The slide bike is only going to be a very small amount of your total time during the two day class, and don't forget your sharing time with the other students. Neat experience but not enough IMO to choose over the other two classes.

I did the Keith Code school at Miller.
I have not done the others.
All I can say is... go do it.
No regrets, you will learn more in two days than you will ever learn on the street or from reading books and watching videos.
Worth every penny and Miller is a great track. :thumbsup:

miller.jpg

s1276298049_30101735_4909.jpg

If this is your first track experience, I'd suggest spending your money were it's most effective by choosing the least expensive of the group. You won't learn anymore by spending more money. Although you have spent many years in the saddle, it's an entirely new experience at trackside.

Don't get the false impression if Keith Code furnishes the bike that you are not responsible if your crash one of Keith's bikes. You are!

Miller is among the best tracks in the country and the grip if as good as it gets. However, my suggestion to you is to attend a track school near your home town where you can return and practice what you have learned on the same track. You'll advance much faster by remaining on the same track as your basic skills improve.

Great advice & some things I hadn't considered.

That Code slide-bike sure is alluring but as you advised, I may only get 7 minutes on it; worth a rethink at $2250.

Thanks to all.

Back