Every street racer should read

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I was watching the local news channel two nights ago and saw something that caught my attention. According to KING5 NEWS there were two local guys racing on the streets near Seattle. It seems the two were best friends. While racing in a 40 mph zone at speeds of around 90 mph, according to witnesses, one lost control and was killed. His best friend who was racing with him went to jail charged with "Vehicular Homicide" and "Vehicular Assault". I heard this morning that he was now free on $100K bail. This guy is facing 7 to 10 years in the big house and coming out a felon. Not to mention the family of the dead man can sue for wrongful death and collect a substantial portion of this mans income for the rest of his life.

So before you decide to twist the throttle to race some kid on his jacked up 600 or 1000, maybe a cager etc. remember this poor bloke that will suffer for the rest of his life simply because he accepted a race with his best friend. He did nothing to contribute to the death other than being the other guy in the race. When you accept a challenge from a co-worker or friend etc. if anything goes wrong and someone is hurt or killed, you are held responsible even though you had nothing to do with the accident other than being the Other guy in the race. And don't believe for a second your buddies won't squeal like a stuck pig when quizzed by the police? They will! And you "WILL" go to jail!

I read at least one post a day about someone racing on the street. It's fun, it's exciting and most of us are guilty at some time? But I'm not sure many of us realize the possible consequencies of our actions? If you get caught by the men in blue, Racing is a sure trip to jail with your scooter impounded. The ticket is Wreckless Driving, good for four digits in fines and a trippling of your insurance if you can buy it at all.

I would hope this post may coach some of you street racers into engaging your brain in gear before putting the throttle in motion. Are the consequencies worth the adreniline rush?

Good Posts makes you think. Never thought of it that way . Always more worried about my license getting yanked .Wouldnt be good considering I make a living driving

There is a time and place for everything..

<!--EDIT|mw3961
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138490136 -->

This country gets more pathetic by the day. Did this guy mind link to his friends brain and force him to open the throttle?
This is just as stupid as the guy getting 30 years for speeding because the cops car tire blew out. And yet Congressman Janklow flat out directly MURDERS a motorcyclist and he's free and can't even be sued by the dead mans family.

There's that saying that simple minded people like to use..."if you don't like this country then get out".
That's actually starting to sound like pretty good advise. Are all other countries just as fugged as the USA when it comes to retarded and biased laws along with frivolous lawsuits and jamming ritalin down kids throats to make them nice compliant sheeples in the future?
For members in other parts of the world...does this sh!t happen in Canada, Mexico, Australia, Japan ect.
rock.gif

last street racer that killed someone here.....totally different scenario thou....these fugs killed an' innocent bystander, a lady just walking down the street.

The guy was from India.....we deported his azz. Bye bye jerko.

In the case that Tuffbusa is talking about....I'd agree...

seems extreme. The problem is that street racing is high priority right now. Its big news. its all over the media. People just don't want it on their streets.

I know,I don't want it on mine.

RSD.

This country gets more pathetic by the day.  Did this guy mind link to his friends brain and force him to open the throttle?
This is just as stupid as the guy getting 30 years for speeding because the cops car tire blew out.  And yet Congressman Janklow flat out directly MURDERS a motorcyclist and he's free and can't even be sued by the dead mans family.

There's that saying that simple minded people like to use..."if you don't like this country then get out".
That's actually starting to sound like pretty good advise.  Are all other countries just as fugged as the USA when it comes to retarded and biased laws along with frivolous lawsuits and jamming ritalin down kids throats to make them nice compliant sheeples in the future?
For members in other parts of the world...does this sh!t happen in Canada, Mexico, Australia, Japan ect.
rock.gif
+1

I am in no way defending street racing.

I just completely disagree with these ridiculous charges of vehicular homicide and vehicular assault!
mad.gif

It makes no sense at all!!!
mad.gif

Charge people with the crime they commit!!

Hopefully a jury of his peers will see the stupidity of these charges and give a not guilty to the crap charges of homicide and assault.

But guilty of street racing/reckless driving. Don't let him off completely, just make him do the time he is responsible for.

mad.gif

After living in Japan for 6 years, I can say it isn't quite that bad, but close. Over there, your are 20% at fault in any accident, just because if you weren't there, the accident wouldn't have occured. Probably the same for Racers, if you weren't there racing, the other guy wouldn't have sped, lost control, hit a wall, person, etc.

This country gets more pathetic by the day.  Did this guy mind link to his friends brain and force him to open the throttle?
This is just as stupid as the guy getting 30 years for speeding because the cops car tire blew out.  And yet Congressman Janklow flat out directly MURDERS a motorcyclist and he's free and can't even be sued by the dead mans family.

That's actually starting to sound like pretty good advise.  Are all other countries just as fugged as the USA when it comes to retarded and biased laws along with frivolous lawsuits and jamming ritalin down kids throats to make them nice compliant sheeples in the future?
rock.gif
+1

I am in no way defending street racing.

I just completely disagree with these ridiculous charges of vehicular homicide and vehicular assault!  
mad.gif

It makes no sense at all!!!  
mad.gif

Charge people with the crime they commit!!

Hopefully a jury of his peers will see the stupidity of these charges and give a not guilty to the crap charges of homicide and assault.

But guilty of street racing/reckless driving.  Don't let him off completely, just make him do the time he is responsible for.
Agreed 100%. The guy needs to held accountable for street racing and charged with whatever the laws are for that area.

If this guy gets murder of the second degree then Janklow should have been nailed with murder of the first degree followed by being strapped onto the DEATH GURNEY. Hell, I don't care what anybody else gets, Janklow should be sitting in death row right now waiting for his execution.

mad.gif

The guy was from India.....we deported his azz.  Bye bye jerko.
rock.gif
got a pm on this one.  Seems this guy figures this is racial profiling or some such krap.  I guess I could have left out the part where I mentioned he was frm India.

Lighten up people.

Do I think people frm india are street racers   NO.

Do I dislike peepul frm India.     NO.

Go away man.   just go away.

Phone my friend Shenoy. He is much loved on this board.He's from India. When I crashed Shenoy sent me 500 hundred US. Yup...

500 hundred dollars.   My best friend here in the city I live in....was born in India.  

so...sproket....the guy who also PM'd me....

lighten up.

RSD.

<!--EDIT|rubbersidedown
Reason for Edit: "self moderation"|1138547677 -->

i think its nazi to charge the other racer --both riders made the decision to race--im thinkin a good lawyer could fight the charges and win-

One thing that I find interesting, is that I have never had anyone on another scoot roll up on me. A few cars, but never a scoot. Some people say they get picked 'cause they're on a busa, I always thought that was why I didn't???

Damn ...I am sorry if i pissed you off...Maybe i read it wrong....I guess what you ment was that the Indian dude was a jerk for killing the old lady with his motorcycle??
Please correct me if i am wrong again..
sad.gif

ANYONE would be a jerk for killing ANYBODY with a motorcycle...........
IMHO

I have never heard of a case anything like that here. A laywer worth anything would get you off that one. I you were dinking someone, then maybe but it would be dangerous driving resulting in death (18 months ish) not vehicular homicide. Surely that would indicate that the driver deliberately chose a vehicle as a weapon in order to kill another. Don't get me wrong, riders aren't well accepted here and the courts will smash you if they have the goods. I just don't understand how they came to that conclusion in that blokes case. Geez guys, track down a couple of good laywers and out them on speed dial, just in case. Don't accept any court appointed smuck, the rest of your life could depend on it.

Okay..Dude i am being serious about not really understanding what you are trying to say...and you are being rude and jumpin all over me and asking me to find a new leg to hump??
sad.gif

Hey i am sorry if i offended you..

Back