New laws for Calif?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
According to the local paper new laws take effect on January 1st regarding "street racing" in Cali. Paying a fine for my foolishness on the scooter ( never in town ) is one thing but jail time would suck!

It will be considered a felony with up 30-90 days in Jail
( currenty misdemeanor 1-90 )

And cel phone while driving thing doesnt actually kick in for another 18 mos.
mad.gif
( we really need that in effect around here with all college kids )

Anyone here ever due jail time for speeding on the busa?
rock.gif

It all falls into the catagory of time & place. It's fun but really not a good idea to "street race".

As far as cell phones I can tell you that it's been almost 1 year since the cell phone law went into effect here in CT and things havn't changed one bit. They need to actually enforce it in order for people to change their habits.

Sounds a little harsh, A felony ? Of coarse I'm from Georgia and I don't know how bad it is out in Calfornia, Alot of Fat cats in goverment categorizing Motorcyclist as felons, I'm thinking as a felon you cant vote or buy a gun, and then you couldnt find a decent job, now cell phones thats a different story givem the gas chamber lol

I don't think the law in Ca is specifically targeting motorcyclists, although if they catch us they will burn us. I am yet to read or hear news that a motorcyclist was killed or caused the death of innocent by street racing. However, it happens all of the time with people street racing their cars.

How much time you get for street racing while talking on the cell phone?
biggrin.gif

its a felony here in texas also.....i got busted for street racing. i played dumb because i still had my MS license and told her i had no idea it was a felony in texas and that i had just moved here. she ended up letting me off with a warning after my id and insuracne checked out.

Back