Every street racer should read

In this state, not only can you be ticketed for racing, if you are a spectator just watching a street race you can be ticketed. I think the fine is only $75 for a spectator. The reason is, we get a lot of high school kids that bunch up on Saturday night on some out of the way place and drag race. When the cops show up, everyone scatters but the ones they catch get a ticket.

In most states if not all, I think you'll find both racers are equally responsible for any death, injury or property damage as a result of two vehicles participating in a race on public roads. As long as you know the risk you're taking, it becomes a judgment call.

Yep...i remember 2 years ago in Dallas TX the cops arrested about 150 people for indulging in street racing...they got ticketed ...but it still goes on.

lurk.gif

i have a friend who did time for the same thing only in his case they were racing miles ago and the guy who killed the person was just taking an offramp too fast and witnesses said that they were racing at the time of the accident horrible thing

Yes ...when i talk to people i get a lot of " that bike is too fast" well you know you can ride it slow too...lol

Just goes to show you, steal a car here in Washington, run from the cops and you will most likely only spend the night in jail, race your friend and end up in jail for 10 years, but there was a death, your falt or not you where there and race so some falt must rest with you.

With PIR open for racing on a real track here in the Northwest, I do not see why people continue to do street racing.

Never would have hesitated to race years ago . Now , no way , get older , get wiser , most people anyway .

I would hope this post may coach some of you street racers into engaging your brain in gear before putting the throttle in motion. Are the consequencies worth the adreniline rush?
Good post tufbusa,

Sometimes it is really hard to lay down or back off, but the streets are no place for racing. That's what RACE TRACKS are for!

Something similar happened in Atlanta a couple years back. A hockey player and his teammate in a Ferrari going 100+ in Buckhead, crashed killing the passenger. The driver was charged with vehicular homicide but was never convicted. The other players family could have sued but never did because they were such good friends. Could you imagine having to live with the fact that your actions were directly associated with killing someone just for the thrill of racing?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???

rock.gif

Hey sproket, let the racial thing go. I am from the Philippines and don't get my feelings hurt when people make Asain jokes or comments. I got a really nice year round tan no matter the weather and you probably do too! So forget about it and just enjoy the org. Even though I'm Philippine by birth, I'm EXTREMELY proud to be an AMERICAN! I do not refer to myself as Philippine American, I AM AMERICAN and would fight to defend the USA!

Besides we all ride Asian bikes! Ha, HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay..Dude i am being serious about not really understanding what you are trying to say...and you are being rude and jumpin all over me and asking me to find a new leg to hump??
sad.gif

Hey i am sorry if i offended you..
Sprocket your grasping at straws, trying to stir crap up just for some drama, it makes no sense.

Doesn't sound like you misunderstood anything, sounds to me like your hunting for something, reads like you got a hard on for RSD.

I'd move on.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138558103 -->

Street Racing is pretty damn dumb, there is no way around it, but I think what the majority of us participate in once in awhile is far from street racing, it's not a discussed, organized, type of race, it's a pick up game if you will. Ya know, stop light to stoplight. Besides, from the sounds of this case it may not have been a race at all. Hell there are plenty of times when I am riding fast with a buddy or two, would that be considered a race simply because we are speeding? That's retarded.

It sounds to me like a traffic law that is about to get repealed, it makes no sense.

Otherwise I agree 100% with Turbo-Torch. This kinda lawsuit happy shid is destroying the country, and common sense. Hell just look at the things we are not allowed to do anymore, look at the passing zones painted over, the speed limit reductions, all as knee jerk reactions to an accident or event where someone gets an Ambulance chaser to search for $$$.

With PIR open for racing on a real track here in the Northwest, I do not see why people continue to do street racing.
+1 on this. I have only been on a track once and that was with Scott and Jeff (Bronc3 and Dakkine2) up at Road Atlanta. Gave me a whole new perspective on riding.
1. Everyone is going the same way.
2. Everyone is doing the same thing you are (and generally at the same time)
3. Everyone is wearing safety equipment
4. Everyone is looking out for others
5. Your speed is limited only by your ability
6. If you are looking for the limit, here, you can find it

I would love to ride regularly on the track but there isn't one super close to me. But I gotta admit, with all the drag strips and track days, why do people need to race on the street? Were Fast and the Furious and Biker Boyz really that good?

Hey Revlis! Is that your "UGLY" mug on there buddy or is that one you hijacked from the WWF?
tounge.gif

We don't live that far apart, maybe we should hook up for lunch or a ride sometime? I get into Seattle every now and then but rarely on my bike.

This is why I'm moving to the track!
cool.gif

And the other guy should not be charged with something that serious, IMO.
wink.gif

+1 on this.  I have only been on a track once and that was with Scott and Jeff (Bronc3 and Dakkine2) up at Road Atlanta.  Gave me a whole new perspective on riding.
1. Everyone is going the same way.
2. Everyone is doing the same thing you are (and generally at the same time)
3. Everyone is wearing safety equipment
4. Everyone is looking out for others
5. Your speed is limited only by your ability
6. If you are looking for the limit, here, you can find it

I would love to ride regularly on the track but there isn't one super close to me.  But I gotta admit, with all the drag strips and track days, why do people need to race on the street?  Were Fast and the Furious and Biker Boyz really that good?
Again, I'm not defending street racing, just giving an explanation as to why people still street race. I'm going to Big Willow in a week
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

To go to a track day, you have to have full leathers and pay over a $100.00 for the track day.

To race in the canyons, its free and you aren't required to buy full gear.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

The guy was from India.....we deported his azz.  Bye bye jerko.
rock.gif
got a pm on this one.  Seems this guy figures this is racial profiling or some such krap.  I guess I could have left out the part where I mentioned he was frm India.

Lighten up people.

Do I think people frm india are street racers   NO.

Do I dislike peepul frm India.     NO.

Go away man.   just go away.

Phone my friend Shenoy. He is much loved on this board.He's from India. When I crashed Shenoy sent me 500 hundred US. Yup...

500 hundred dollars.   My best friend here in the city I live in....was born in India.  

so...sproket....the guy who also PM'd me....

lighten up.

RSD.
RSD: You are being too easy on them man! What's up with that? You gettin old like me?

P.
crazy.gif

Back