EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!!!&#33

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Well,
After 2 days of cussing, screaming, calling Sonny and Rick, I have my air horn installed. Had to modify the stock horn bracket, twice, but it is good to go. Tomorrow I will reassemble and take her for a test ride. It is very loud and I love it.

Don

BA BUSA

MotoGP Wannabe
Donating Member
Registered
pics

post_12_26380_worthless.gif

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
I didn't do one like ICE did. This horn is a single unit (compressor & 2 horns) mounted in the stock horn location (sorta). Plugs into the stock wiring harness. I will post pictures tonight. The only concern is that if I have to brake really hard and compress the front suspension hard the horn might bump the front fender. I have installed high density foam on the back of the horn to protect the radiator. Like I said pics tonight.

Don

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
(CorrodedAlien @ Sep. 27 2006,10:52) hope you left clearance... or you'll be smacking it on bounces.
I will be keeping a close eye on it. If it does bump, the that is good reason to get my forks re-worked this winter.

Don

I don't do wheelies so that shouldn't be an issue.

Quasar

Registered
These things really NEED dual air horns. We need to be able to scare the living cr*p out of cagers to get them to get right back into their lanes.

Please post some pics of your setup.

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Here is a post install picture with the right fairing off. The white thing is a piece of dense foam, just in case. I put about 40 miles on the bike tonight and there doesn't seem to be a problem.

It is plugged into the stock wiring harness as well.

Don

horn.jpg

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Good call on the foam, pretty cheap insurance.... You get a whole lot more respect on the road with that horn
SHOCKED.gif

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
(ks-waterbug @ Sep. 28 2006,05:37) Good call on the foam, pretty cheap insurance.... You get a whole lot more respect on the road with that horn
SHOCKED.gif
I also have 2 pieces of that foam on the back of the horn so if I do get a little bump, the radiator is protected as well.

I went to the first night of the Bike Blues and BBQ festival last night. A little over 1000 bikes here already, the majority of them will show up today. Last year there was over 100,000 bikes here. As long as I get off work in time, I will have some pictures of them for you guys.

Bug,
Yes even the Hardley riders turned thier heads when I blipped the horn a little.

Don

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
handlebarlife