Installed Stebel horn

Well if you have the Stebel dual tone 139db horn mounted in those places, you got something going on... the clearance from the top of the air tube to the inner cover is only about 1" the horn is like 6" by 4" by 2" or close to it..

I guess when you get pics, it will be easier to see how you did it... would like to move mine from the stock location to get it away from fender.. Then I get to remount the ballasts for the HID's. At least they fit in more places....

actually I have a FIAMM dual trumpet kit in there now...the compressor AND one trumpet are both mounted on the right...then the other trumpet is off to the left side.

and my HID kit is under there somewhere too.....lol

I installed a Stebel on a friends DL1000 and it does sound much better than mine... we use our horns a lot around here...just to make sure the blue hairs are paying attention.

Where is the best place to buy a stebel horn?
I think they are all about the same.. about $38 delivered with the wiring kit (relay and some connectors)

Some say they are running without the relay... not me, I think 8-14 amps is too much to be running through the stock switch assy.. for a little work wiring, I do not have to worry about a $100 switch burning up

Where I got mine

Monuted mine in the stock location and havn't had any problems. I also used a relay.

THANKS , Mr Bogus
thumb_up.gif

I found room for the horn in a couple places but heat from the pipes was an issue (a lot of plastic on these horns)  Not sure if my wrapping of my pipes might just make these locations a bit more practical..

<a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/1gighost/MiscBike/photo#5160383004444791522" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;"><a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/1gighost/MiscBike/photo#5160383013034726130">
Picture%20240.jpg

Picture%20247.jpg
blimey is that a horn or twin turbos
laugh.gif

I got mine from Josh at Ryders Connection. ( board sponser )
thumb_up.gif
I think it was about $38

OK!  Finally get the horn tucked up in the nose,  took a lot of patience but it's in and she works really well.

Location is just above the right front turn signal. I think it probly would fit a little better if I had cut off the mount that is attached to the horn.

MARCH08_008B.jpg

It is really snug in there and I secured it with only 1 zip tie as there is no way it's coming outa there.

MARCH08_007B.jpg

Back