Stebel Horn reinstall after mount split

2hip

Registered
When I took the bike apart for painting I noticed that my orginal install of the Stebel horn was badly cracked on the plastic mount. While the bike was completely apart I looked for hours for another place to install the horn. I couldn't find a single place where I felt the horn could get it's message out loud and clear. If anyone else has come up with something let me know. I put the air compressor in the engine bay below the tank and I wrapped it in insulation and aluminum foil. It has survived in there for almost 2 years without a hiccup.
It is a tight fit and we will see how this install goes. I love the horn. It is very very loud and has warned dozens of people of their inattentiveness...
First pic shows the modified horn and how it cracked the half tube. 2nd pic is of the hardware...just take some tin and bend it and drill it. 3rd pic shows how I drilled through the top of the horn exit to secure it to the tin bracket. 4th pic shows how the tin bracket attaches to the frame above the radiator...hope it helps some one..

bike horn reinstall07-20-10 001.jpg

bike horn reinstall07-20-10 002.jpg

bike horn reinstall07-20-10 005.jpg

bike horn reinstall07-20-10 006.jpg

There is a series of threaded holes at the back of the throttle bodies. They don't seem to have any function in the running of the engine, so I bolted my Stebel there. It's still hella-loud.

Back