EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!!!&#33

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Well,
After 2 days of cussing, screaming, calling Sonny and Rick, I have my air horn installed. Had to modify the stock horn bracket, twice, but it is good to go. Tomorrow I will reassemble and take her for a test ride. It is very loud and I love it.

Don

pics

post_12_26380_worthless.gif

I didn't do one like ICE did. This horn is a single unit (compressor & 2 horns) mounted in the stock horn location (sorta). Plugs into the stock wiring harness. I will post pictures tonight. The only concern is that if I have to brake really hard and compress the front suspension hard the horn might bump the front fender. I have installed high density foam on the back of the horn to protect the radiator. Like I said pics tonight.

Don

(CorrodedAlien @ Sep. 27 2006,10:52) hope you left clearance... or you'll be smacking it on bounces.
I will be keeping a close eye on it. If it does bump, the that is good reason to get my forks re-worked this winter.

Don

I don't do wheelies so that shouldn't be an issue.

These things really NEED dual air horns. We need to be able to scare the living cr*p out of cagers to get them to get right back into their lanes.

Please post some pics of your setup.

Here is a post install picture with the right fairing off. The white thing is a piece of dense foam, just in case. I put about 40 miles on the bike tonight and there doesn't seem to be a problem.

It is plugged into the stock wiring harness as well.

Don

horn.jpg

Good call on the foam, pretty cheap insurance.... You get a whole lot more respect on the road with that horn
SHOCKED.gif

(ks-waterbug @ Sep. 28 2006,05:37) Good call on the foam, pretty cheap insurance.... You get a whole lot more respect on the road with that horn
SHOCKED.gif
I also have 2 pieces of that foam on the back of the horn so if I do get a little bump, the radiator is protected as well.

I went to the first night of the Bike Blues and BBQ festival last night. A little over 1000 bikes here already, the majority of them will show up today. Last year there was over 100,000 bikes here. As long as I get off work in time, I will have some pictures of them for you guys.

Bug,
Yes even the Hardley riders turned thier heads when I blipped the horn a little.

Don

Back