Elections are over. I am relieved

I believe TF worded it well. From my standpoint that means that it doesn't matter what color you are, if you are willing to work for something and never give up determination, anything is possible. Leaves no more room for anyone to have the cop out of saying they will never get anywhere because of the color of their skin. It is now up to the individual and their personal choices in life and how bad they want something and how hard they are willing to WORK for it!

Thank you sir, that was exactly the point I was trying to get across.

There is no more magical mystical behind the scenes conspiracy.

No one can say someone else has kept them from achieving something in this country, the burden is now on each individual.

So suck it up, work hard and achieve your goals, if you dont, stop blaming everyone else.

Thank you sir, that was exactly the point I was trying to get across.

There is no more magical mystical behind the scenes conspiracy.

No one can say someone else has kept them from achieving something in this country, the burden is now on each individual.

So suck it up, work hard and achieve your goals, if you dont, stop blaming everyone else.

As long as the over-riding motivation of our society is material gain there will always be multiple examples of individuals keeping others from achieveing.

As long as the over-riding motivation of our society is material gain there will always be multiple examples of individuals keeping others from achieveing.

...and just to be fair, there will always be a segment of the population (regardless of color) that look to place blame for their failures or lack of drive to make their own lives better...there will always be people that feel they are owed something for whatever reason...hell, I have 'em in my own family and to watch just how little they do for themselves is pretty damn pathetic...

Both are never-ending cycles in society...

...and just to be fair, there will always be a segment of the population (regardless of color) that look to place blame for their failures or lack of drive to make their own lives better...there will always be people that feel they are owed something for whatever reason...hell, I have 'em in my own family and to watch just how little they do for themselves is pretty damn pathetic...

Both are never-ending cycles in society...

That is correct and in the next four years more so.

r8

yes, in particular situations, but in the end people do not follow other people around their entire lives tryint to keep them from achieving.

Everyone deals with that.

if you are in school and have a teacher that is being unfair, change classes

If you are in a job and someone is keeping you down because of personal issues such as personality or skin color, or sex. report them, file a law suit, change jobs.

There are enough laws on the books now, and enough organizations out there that will fight for the rights of anyone who is discriminated against due to race or sex. And usually these organizations due it at no cost to the invididual.

The majority of people in our society are not racists, or lets give the benafit of the doubt, they are not racists to the extent it would cause someone grief.

And for the people that are racists, there are mechanisms in place in our society to protect individuals from discrimination from these type of people.

So as I said before, end game. no more excuses.

yes, in particular situations, but in the end people do not follow other people around their entire lives tryint to keep them from achieving.

Everyone deals with that.

if you are in school and have a teacher that is being unfair, change classes

If you are in a job and someone is keeping you down because of personal issues such as personality or skin color, or sex. report them, file a law suit, change jobs.

There are enough laws on the books now, and enough organizations out there that will fight for the rights of anyone who is discriminated against due to race or sex. And usually these organizations due it at no cost to the invididual.

The majority of people in our society are not racists, or lets give the benafit of the doubt, they are not racists to the extent it would cause someone grief.

And for the people that are racists, there are mechanisms in place in our society to protect individuals from discrimination from these type of people.

So as I said before, end game. no more excuses.

Your life expirence has been different from mine. If you believe it is that easy to defend yourself I hope you are never in a position to have to do it.

Your life expirence has been different from mine. If you believe it is that easy to defend yourself I hope you are never in a position to have to do it.

I didn't get the part where anyone said it was going to be easy. Is there some requirement that it be easy? I don't think so.

Been there, done that. You just do it, easy or not.

--Wag--

I didn't get the part where anyone said it was going to be easy. Is there some requirement that it be easy? I don't think so.

Been there, done that. You just do it, easy or not.

--Wag--

I was talking about defending yourself against discrimination. Many times the side with the deepest pockets wins. As for simply changing jobs that is not an option form some.

I was talking about defending yourself against discrimination. Many times the side with the deepest pockets wins. As for simply changing jobs that is not an option form some.

I knew exactly what you were talking about, man. You assume a lot and incorrectly.

It's a very rare few, VERY rare, who are not able to change jobs. If you're one of those, maybe a career change is in order.

--Wag--

Most of you guys are a lot more positive than I thought you would be.

I say give the guy a year and watch what happens. Maybe we will like the stuff he does. Now, all we have to go on is campaign rhetoric from both sides.

I say give the guy a year and watch what happens. Maybe we will like the stuff he does. Now, all we have to go on is campaign rhetoric from both sides.

it is like I have told my sons.

In the end, al the talk, all the promises, everthing said before the election is useless.

The proof is in the pudding. And as you said, a year from now we should know if this was a good thing, or a bad thing.

For now I will support him and give him the chance he has been given until if and when he proves he doesnt deserve the position.

I knew exactly what you were talking about, man. You assume a lot and incorrectly.

It's a very rare few, VERY rare, who are not able to change jobs. If you're one of those, maybe a career change is in order.

--Wag--

I did not mean that in a condesending way, sorry if it came off like that.

I would submit that the unemployment rate is a pretty good indicator that it is not easy to change jobs. You also act like a career change is an easy thing to do. I am not saying it can't be done but realistically it takes time and money to do it and most people don't have either.

Now I agree it may be easy to get a job but doing so and maintaining your current standard of living is the difficult part.

I do hope Obama is judged based on what he actually does or doesn't do and not on intensionally incomplete and misleading reporting like GW Bush has been. Obama may have a better chance of not being misrepresented, but I still think its too much to ask of our media.

not to be stupid ...and i`m not hating on anyone..but if your 50% white and 50% black how doe`s that make you a black man??? doe`s his mom`s side not count?? just wondering??? anyway, i hope he doe`s a good job.

not to be stupid ...and i`m not hating on anyone..but if your 50% white and 50% black how doe`s that make you a black man??? doe`s his mom`s side not count?? just wondering??? anyway, i hope he doe`s a good job.

Uhh yeah. I mentioned that before. never really got a good answer

Well he won fair and square. He has my 100% support. But I do hope for a couple things...

1. All the fears of "ghosts in the closet", questions of his loyalty and devotion to the U.S., can't do it due to lack of experience, questions of birth place, ect... all prove to be wrong.

2. That he didn't win because sooo many people voted for him that really had noo idea what any of his policies are or really care about politics at all but just did it to go with the crowd or to be PC. I've heard some really FOULISH reasons from some of his voters.

Like TF said may God bless him and America :usa:

My wife and I were talking about this last night. I dont have the perfect answer but I hope it makes since and doesnt come across rude.

Say you have a glass of chocalate milk. Does it matter if it has a little or alot of chocolate in it before you call it chocalate milk.

or maybe because he looks black. To me he just looks light skinned.

My wife and I were talking about this last night. I dont have the perfect answer but I hope it makes since and doesnt come across rude.

Say you have a glass of chocalate milk. Does it matter if it has a little or alot of chocolate in it before you call it chocalate milk.

or maybe because he looks black. To me he just looks light skinned.
yea i don`t know?? maybe you go with whatever your father was?? it doesn`t really matter to me what color he is but since they keep calling him "the first black man" ever 2 seconds it just made me wonder how they figure that?? once again i`m not hating on anyone just wondering?? heck i`m sitting here now and col. powell just called him black and condolezza rice just called him african-american in the last 30 seconds..i didn`t vote for him but i wish him the best and hope he can fix this mess of a country we now have.

yea i don`t know?? maybe you go with whatever your father was?? it doesn`t really matter to me what color he is but since they keep calling him "the first black man" ever 2 seconds it just made me wonder how they figure that?? once again i`m not hating on anyone just wondering?? heck i`m sitting here now and col. powell just called him black and condolezza rice just called him african-american in the last 30 seconds..i didn`t vote for him but i wish him the best and hope he can fix this mess of a country we now have.

Yes, I am finding it interesting that before the election the people who were voting for him denied it was a race issue, they were voting for him because he was the best choice.

Now after the election his race seems to be the most important aspect of him winning.

Confusing

I did not mean that in a condesending way, sorry if it came off like that.

I would submit that the unemployment rate is a pretty good indicator that it is not easy to change jobs. You also act like a career change is an easy thing to do. I am not saying it can't be done but realistically it takes time and money to do it and most people don't have either.

Now I agree it may be easy to get a job but doing so and maintaining your current standard of living is the difficult part.

I think we're getting closer to an understanding.

I'm never one to claim anything is easy. But it's a relative term, in any case. Geometry was easy. Calculus kicked my lilly-white a$$ from here to Timbuktu.

Times change. Right now, it's an employers market and yeah, most people will hang on to their jobs for dear life. On the other hand, others will look at these times as time to go back to school and shift gears into another career. Why not? It's easy to do now, moreso than when it's a worker's market.

Racial prejudice is tough to get past. When I was in third grade and an Indian kid on the school bus threatened to stab me with a knife because I was a whitey, that was tough. Tougher yet was when my parents wouldn't believe me and I lived in terror for the next four or so years. And no, that was a situation I couldn't get out of. Fortunately, it just went away.

But never believe that because I or anyone else recommends a course of action that they are suggesting it because it is "easy." It may very well be far more difficult than the present status quo. I would assume, rather, that such recommendations have a higher purpose than just making life easy for oneself or others.

--Wag--

Back