Elections are over. I am relieved

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Well, the elections are over. And I am looking at the bright side of things.

We now have the first black president!! this is an awesome moment in the history of the United States!!

There is now a black person running the most powerful nation in the world.

No longer can a black person declare they are being held back by the man, or that this country is run by whites.

All blacks should feel empowered now to excel in life. there is nothing holding them back. If a black man can now be president of the United States this HAS to prove that we are no longer living in the 50's or the 60's. Times have changed and a person of any color has the same opportunities as everyone else in this country

Go get em!!

Second.

The Democrats. now that they pretty much control everything, they can fix it all. I no longer have to listen to the Democrats blame the republicans for all the problems. I am soo looking forward to the awesome changes the Democrats will bring. I am confident they are up to the challenge. And now maybe the republicans will realize there political station is not as secure as they thought it was and maybe they will work a little harder for the people next time instead of getting out of touch with the people.

And finally, with Senator (soon to be president) Obama now president, Muslim extremists are going to have a little less power against the United States.

With a name like Barrack Obama. And since most of the rest of the middle east are really cluless to the inner workings of the United States, I think a lot of people in the middle east who see his picture and hear his name will begin to question how bad can the United States really be.

Even though he is a professed Christian (even though he is for partial birth abortions) his charisma, his name, his heritage could all work in the United States favor in dealing with middle eastern countries now. who knows maybe we will even be able to get Iran to settle down and convince them not to destroy Israel and wipe it off the map.

I see very exciting times in the future, I perceive a great many changes.

And I am greatly looking forward to seeing how our new president, and our new democratic congress will shape our future.

I am looking forward to better times.

May God Bless Mr. Obama and watch over him and protect him and guide him.

All we can do is hope. I agree that if nothing else, we hopefully will see a change to racial issues on both ends. I think things will look different to other nations looking at our country now. I hope he can stand by some of the proposed concepts he has presented and hope they do not have a opposite effect that I feel they could. I like his ideas if you take them at face value but if you look deeper alot of these ideas could back fire. I guess we will see. I think he has alot to prove to (I guess a minority) and I hope he is up for the challenge. His speech was impressive.

President Obama has my full support. Change for the good of all is coming.:thumbsup:

In re: "No longer can a black person declare they are being held back by the man, or that this country is run by whites."

"All blacks should feel empowered now to excel in life. there is nothing holding them back."

Maybe you should run that statement by a person of color before you declare it to be such an absolute truth. There are so many things wrong with your 'proclamation' I wouldn't know where to begin.

:thumbsup: I didn't vote for him. But I sincerely hope he's one of if not THE best president we have ever had.

In re: "No longer can a black person declare they are being held back by the man, or that this country is run by whites."

"All blacks should feel empowered now to excel in life. there is nothing holding them back."

Maybe you should run that statement by a person of color before you declare it to be such an absolute truth. There are so many things wrong with your 'proclamation' I wouldn't know where to begin.
Thank you. You believe that just because we have a Black President, now all the racist are going to become sane, think again.

Last edited:
well said.however, i dont agree with all the racial issues going away. there's still blk on blk race issues.

I think what TF is saying is that any ceiling you put on your life is probably self imposed for the most part... Mental restraints are the worst..

Racism is a fact of life, has been always will be.. and it is not white on black all the time.. it is black on black, black on white too..

and IME much more verbal and outspoken because it seems to be PC to blame the "whites" for problems in many areas of the country.. sad state of affairs but how it goes...

So the haters just got to get over it and go on with life..

I am just glad I get a 2 year break from all the crap of presidential politics (yea the last cycle was 22 months for anyone not paying attention)

got issues? :moon::moon::moon: :moon: there is your babershop quartet singing a tune for you..

I think what TF is saying is that any ceiling you put on your life is probably self imposed for the most part... Mental restraints are the worst..

Racism is a fact of life, has been always will be.. and it is not white on black all the time.. it is black on black, black on white too..

and IME much more verbal and outspoken because it seems to be PC to blame the "whites" for problems in many areas of the country.. sad state of affairs but how it goes...

So the haters just got to get over it and go on with life..

I am just glad I get a 2 year break from all the crap of presidential politics (yea the last cycle was 22 months for anyone not paying attention)

got issues? :moon::moon::moon: :moon: there is your babershop quartet singing a tune for you..

:thumbsup:

While Obama did not get my vote, I've always maintained and I still do that I support the highest elected office in America no matter what party occupies the seat. I am hopeful that Obama will lead this country and make us stronger. I have noticed in recent weeks at work the pure hatred spewed at the Republican party and just yesterday got in to a heated discussion over the complete lack of respect for the seat of a sitting President. I know it's our right to not always agree, but I also think showing respect goes a long way. If 1/2 of the country stands by and does nothing but make fun of a sitting President, belittling his job and even taking jabs at his family, showing nothing but pure hatred, we are only a weaker nation for it. This goes for both sides of the aisle.

I walked in to work today and told the same guy that was calling Bush the devil yesterday (and by proxy assuming McCain was also the devil) that while Obama didn't get my vote, I will support him and respect him above all else as the next President of the United States. I wonder, had McCain won, if he would have walked in willing to accept the decision and support it, only helping to make America stronger.

Here's to change. I'm open for anything less politically driven than we've all seen for far too long under both dems and republicans. :thumbsup:

While Obama did not get my vote, I've always maintained and I still do that I support the highest elected office in America no matter what party occupies the seat. I am hopeful that Obama will lead this country and make us stronger. I have noticed in recent weeks at work the pure hatred spewed at the Republican party and just yesterday got in to a heated discussion over the complete lack of respect for the seat of a sitting President. I know it's our right to not always agree, but I also think showing respect goes a long way. If 1/2 of the country stands by and does nothing but make fun of a sitting President, belittling his job and even taking jabs at his family, showing nothing but pure hatred, we are only a weaker nation for it. This goes for both sides of the aisle.

I walked in to work today and told the same guy that was calling Bush the devil yesterday (and by proxy assuming McCain was also the devil) that while Obama didn't get my vote, I will support him and respect him above all else as the next President of the United States. I wonder, had McCain won, if he would have walked in willing to accept the decision and support it, only helping to make America stronger.

Here's to change. I'm open for anything less politically driven than we've all seen for far too long under both dems and republicans. :thumbsup:

well said!:bowdown:,. only time will tell:please:

I believe TF worded it well. From my standpoint that means that it doesn't matter what color you are, if you are willing to work for something and never give up determination, anything is possible. Leaves no more room for anyone to have the cop out of saying they will never get anywhere because of the color of their skin. It is now up to the individual and their personal choices in life and how bad they want something and how hard they are willing to WORK for it!

did you just say you are glad we can quit listening to the "bush haters" of the last years that have done nothing to help the country but spew hatred and political controversy? (it is pretty early for me) :)

did you just say you are glad we can quit listening to the "bush haters" of the last years that have done nothing to help the country but spew hatred and political controversy? (it is pretty early for me) :)

I'm neither a republican nor a democrat...I don't completely agree with either side and never have, but I do have to say, as someone that walks the middle somewhat, that I see more pure hatred from the dems at Bush than I ever recall seeing from the republicans when Clinton was in office, demeaning the position in every way possible for most of his tenure. I never liked Clinton, hated how he made a mockery of our highest public office, but I never once walked around telling anyone that would listen "He's the devil, I hate him, blah blah blah" while he was a sitting President.

I see America as always divided as long as 1/2 the country feels it's perfectly acceptable to HATE and DISRESPECT any sitting President. It makes us weak from the inside out, it's why the two sides will never work together...hell, I watch Pelosi sitting behind Bush and refusing to acknowledge anything he's saying because she disagrees and hates the guy. I know it's our right to not always agree, but I think the disrespect is unacceptable and I HOPE all that voted for McCain will offer up respect to Obama as our President, that they'll show we do stand united and that we can only be stronger as one.

Pipe dreams I'm sure :laugh: but there's a lot to be said for taking the high road and trying over just whining that it's not going your way...

I'm neither a republican nor a democrat...I don't completely agree with either side and never have, but I do have to say, as someone that walks the middle somewhat, that I see more pure hatred from the dems at Bush than I ever recall seeing from the republicans when Clinton was in office, demeaning the position in every way possible for most of his tenure. I never liked Clinton, hated how he made a mockery of our highest public office, but I never once walked around telling anyone that would listen "He's the devil, I hate him, blah blah blah" while he was a sitting President.

I see America as always divided as long as 1/2 the country feels it's perfectly acceptable to HATE and DISRESPECT any sitting President. It makes us weak from the inside out, it's why the two sides will never work together...hell, I watch Pelosi sitting behind Bush and refusing to acknowledge anything he's saying because she disagrees and hates the guy. I know it's our right to not always agree, but I think the disrespect is unacceptable and I HOPE all that voted for McCain will offer up respect to Obama as our President, that they'll show we do stand united and that we can only be stronger as one.

Pipe dreams I'm sure :laugh: but there's a lot to be said for taking the high road and trying over just whining that it's not going your way...

AMEN!!!!! :thumbsup:

Well written TF. Only exceptions would be:
"...maybe we will even be able to get Iran to settle down and convince them not to destroy Israel and wipe it off the map."
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

"may God watch over and guide him."
AGREED, LET"S HOPE HE IS GUIDED BY GOD AND NOT HIS VOTING RECORD.

Back