Illinois Politics, is the nation ready?

CTA_Busa_LE

Donating Member
Registered
Most of you are not from Illinois and are not familiar with Illinois politics, you know the place where Obama has come from. I read a troubling story today as the Illinois Attorney General has had to lay off staff. Other state offices are facing severe cuts and the state is all but bankrupt. So what does this mean for the country? Well as I've said before the state of Illinois is controlled by democrats. We have a Democrat governor who will most likely face federal indictment once he leaves office. The governor he replaced (George Ryan) is already serving time for being convicted on federal charges. Ryan is a republican but was a product of Chicago politics as well.

The state house majority is controlled by Chicago democrats as well

The state senate is controlled by Obama's mentor, Emil Jones, who is a Chicago democrat and the majority in the senate are all, you guessed it, Chicago democrats.

Take some time and read some of these stories. I plan to post more as I find them. And I'm sure some of you will flame me for even bringing it up, but at the end of the day, this is where Obama comes from.

19 laid off in state attorney general?s office - Springfield, IL - The State Journal-Register

Now the next two links are great, one is a 2007 story where Emil Jones has single handedly stalled an ethics reform bill, the other is where his buddy Obama has now asked he bring the senate in to push it through.

Illinois Campaign for Political Reform: July 2007
Obama urges state Sen. Emil Jones to pass ethics-reform bill -- chicagotribune.com

And this one is just a fun read for those interested

The illusion that is Barack Obama | The Australian

I just felt it important to share some of why I am so opposed to Obama, I hope some take the time to read some of this and pass the word along to others.

now this is the city where you pay surcharges just because you own a car? some kind of parking tax?

and one of the (if not highest) property taxes in the country?

I sure want that for the rest of the country.. Yep time for change alrighty..

Quote from the link below. And to say Obama is pushing for ethics reform here in Illinois now. Yeah ok, right, so what changed his mind??

"Rezko's defense attorneys argue that the lists simply underscore the fact that "a virtual 'Who's Who' in the Illinois Democratic Party, including U.S. senators, U.S. representatives, and numerous state, city and county officials" were seeking to get people hired in the first Democrat administration in a quarter century.

The appointment list indicates that dozens of Democrats, including presidential hopeful U.S. Sen. Barack Obama, Illinois Senate President Emil Jones and even eventual Blagojevich adversaries House Speaker Michael Madigan and Rep. Jack Franks (D- Woodstock), made recommendations for posts.

Full story: Rezko 'clout list' outed -- chicagotribune.com

Back