ECU flash in S. Cal

hourly rate for dyno? (my wife wants to know :( )
P.S. All of us must show up in one day to get the discount? (will be one very long day)
Or 10 guaranteed bikes who can trickle in?

The last hard number I got was 75 an hour. I had asked about getting a group discount, but he said he couldn't give a changed number because I could only speculate on a number of people showing up. Like I said earlier he could guess 100-150 for a regular bolt on bike retuned with ECU editor, but that is regular pricing. So it could go down after we wheel-n-deal!

theskaz/killerrrudy have shelled out the moolah for the interface below so user's can use Petrik's free software: ECU Flashing
gen%202%20flasher.JPG

Just a thought if one of you have a lap top with the ECU Editor installed bring it and have the tuner use your lap top to flash all your ECUs.

That way all the bikes Tunes can be saved in case one of you decide to do any changes like change the kill time, rpm setting to control the nos,there are several item you might want to change down the road.

Once you flash the ECU its a done deal you can't go back and change that flash unless you have that flash saved.

I flash non turbo & turbo bikes using a video camera mounted on the fuel tank while driving around I tape the tack & air fuel gauge then I go over the tape and then do the flash & save it for future changes.

I have found that when you flash a non turbo bike on a dyno 8 out of 10 times afterwards they will be a little lean because on the dyno you don't have air being forced into the air box like you do driving down the road or drag racing.
Good thing about being turbo you don't have to depend on the ram air.

Just my $0.02

The last hard number I got was 75 an hour. I had asked about getting a group discount, but he said he couldn't give a changed number because I could only speculate on a number of people showing up. Like I said earlier he could guess 100-150 for a regular bolt on bike retuned with ECU editor, but that is regular pricing. So it could go down after we wheel-n-deal!

1. killerrudy
2. theskaz
3. teryx
4. mestona
5. Vega
6. Rip777s
7. aussiekeeper
8. kromdom

Tell him we have 8 bikes? And I just need a dyno, not the ecu flash. I'm running a full yoshi with a PC3r.

I will bring my netbook (already has working ecu editor installed) and the way we should do it is have whoever has the LEAST modified bike go first to set up the base map then we will go in order of mild to wild so the maps should require minimal changes being that we all have the same bike and for the most part the same mods.

I will bring my netbook (already has working ecu editor installed) and the way we should do it is have whoever has the LEAST modified bike go first to set up the base map then we will go in order of mild to wild so the maps should require minimal changes being that we all have the same bike and for the most part the same mods.

You may not want to do that, no 2 bikes will have the same TPS - IAP or MS fuel map's.
When you enter ecu editor and go to file , you will see stock K2-K7 or K8--- Open and so on.
Use open when you already have a map saved too do changes to the map.
You all will be using the stock K2-K7 or K8--- the editor will generate a new base map then you go from there.
It will take at least an hour or more per bike to do it wright.
I agree with Johnnycheese there is no way he or myself for that matter could map 10 bikes in one day flashing, unless you have 2 dyno's then maybe.

Thanks for all your input. I don't know if anyone was just wanting to dyno their bike. That would make it faster? Who knows. I am sure in 2 weeks(hoping I get my kit) we can finalize and get a good input on day and who can make it.

I dont want to sound like a killjoy, but i dont want to drive 2 hours then sit there for 10 hours to find out he didnt have time then drive home 2 hours,,, to maybe save $50 if that, my time is worth more.

maybe guys that travelled the farthest get "head of the line" privileges?

or have a sign-up sheet with time slots so you can plan your arrival close to your spot on the dyno.
EXAMPLE:
1. rider #1: 0800-0900
2. rider #2: 0900-1000
3. rider #3: 1000-1100

Based on above, rider #3 does not have to be at the shop @ 0800.

killerrudy,
I am guessing each bike will need an average of 1.5-2.0 hrs: get on dyno/strap on, hook up bike to laptop, 1-3 pulls, tweak the tune after each pull, unhook bike, get off dyno.

Wondering how BOB can book 10 bikes in one day, unless he plans to work from zer0-dark to zero-dark??? Poor bike that gets the last spot when BOB is tired and cranky :(

Yeah, I don't know exactly what to say about timing. We can prob do a friday-saturday run for everyone. Split it and then we should be golden. I would go both days just to have group rides! I am sure that everyone would love to have me takes some videos and post them up for all to enjoy!! I think I like this Idea the best so far. So We can get two groups see how that works. 5 slots for Friday, 5 for Saturday. Can that work maybe?

There's a shop I had mine done way cheaper CG Cycles in Baldwin Park (San Gabrielle Valley). They were great. They said there ECU Editor was more advanced than most companies. The Dyno time is $50 an hour I was only up there for 20 minutes and having the ecu flashed to my specs was $100. I got the maps before and after I got a 12 HP gain! You can check him out at gsxrtune.com

I checked out the GSXR tune place(website) They look okay. I am going to call on Monday and get some info on them. They are located in West Covina, which is 62 miles north of my place in Murrieta/Temecula.

Amode, Frank is the original poster that listed BOB's garage as a go to for tuning. He only put their name out there though. Bob's has prof through performance that he is a good tuner/builder. He stated that he had built/tuned 9 of around 27 of the busa's at the fastest mile previously. and on top PiratediverJeff knows him and vouched for him. I would gladly pay 25 bucks more for a hardcore turbo tuner that a tuner shop that dabbles on the subject.

There's a shop I had mine done way cheaper CG Cycles in Baldwin Park (San Gabrielle Valley). They were great. They said there ECU Editor was more advanced than most companies. The Dyno time is $50 an hour I was only up there for 20 minutes and having the ecu flashed to my specs was $100. I got the maps before and after I got a 12 HP gain! You can check him out at gsxrtune.com

there is only one ecu editor so how is it more advance than most companies????:whistle:
cheap is for a reason

I checked out the GSXR tune place(website) They look okay. I am going to call on Monday and get some info on them. They are located in West Covina, which is 62 miles north of my place in Murrieta/Temecula.

Amode, Frank is the original poster that listed BOB's garage as a go to for tuning. He only put their name out there though. Bob's has prof through performance that he is a good tuner/builder. He stated that he had built/tuned 9 of around 27 of the busa's at the fastest mile previously. and on top PiratediverJeff knows him and vouched for him. I would gladly pay 25 bucks more for a hardcore turbo tuner that a tuner shop that dabbles on the subject.

Yes Frank is from So. CA. He would Know.

there is only one ecu editor so how is it more advance than most companies????:whistle:
cheap is for a reason

He says he's developed his own in house because other editors out there have several bugs, he claims his is superior. Any way I had a great experience there with great results plain and simple.

Back