Ecu Flash?

I've worked with and owned several Gen-2's and don't notice. Mostly I drag race and the timing restrictions don't make a difference. If there were a difference it would be very easy to measure.

You're leaving the tree at or above where you would notice it anyway.
In real world riding, the removal of the lower timing restrictions makes the bike more responsive.

Reactions: Ham
I messed up and sent mine to a place on eBay called Team Kandy Customs, and I have had nothing but problems with it. I am probably going to have to buy another ECU for it now. Anyone got one off of a 2016 for sale?

I messed up and sent mine to a place on eBay called Team Kandy Customs, and I have had nothing but problems with it. I am probably going to have to buy another ECU for it now. Anyone got one off of a 2016 for sale?

What's wrong with it?
It should either work or not work at all.
Unless they adjusted the air/fuel map...which should never be done without a datalogger or dyno.
If you need an ecu, a 2008 -2016 will work.
The only difference in years is the addition of ABS in 2013, and it has it's own controller. No changes to the ecu.
If the bike still runs, then the engine is likely ok, the ecu just needs flashed correctly.
I'll flash it for free if you send it to me, or are within riding distance of south central VA.
I've flashed a couple dozen with zero issues. I generally don't advertise for it, as they're all freebies.
I don't want to compete with the site sponsors, but there's no sense in paying again to have it done right.

what benefit would there be to removing the pair valve solenoid, and o2 sensor from you map. Does'nt it need the O2 sensor to fuel the bike correctly? What does the pair valve do for the bike.

Sorry if these are newbie questions, I just never been into tuning much...

Thanks

What's wrong with it?
It should either work or not work at all.
Unless they adjusted the air/fuel map...which should never be done without a datalogger or dyno.
If you need an ecu, a 2008 -2016 will work.
The only difference in years is the addition of ABS in 2013, and it has it's own controller. No changes to the ecu.
If the bike still runs, then the engine is likely ok, the ecu just needs flashed correctly.
I'll flash it for free if you send it to me, or are within riding distance of south central VA.
I've flashed a couple dozen with zero issues. I generally don't advertise for it, as they're all freebies.
I don't want to compete with the site sponsors, but there's no sense in paying again to have it done right.
Ive got a guy reflashing it tomorrow, it is not running on the #2 and #4 cylinders for some reason. Hopefully the reflash will take care of it. I appreciate it and will keep you in mind of I don't get it fixed.

Back