Ecu Flash?

Ham

Registered
OK so i am in the process of sending my ECU to Frank @ powerhouse. I do not race i just want my bike to go faster then stock form from suzuki and maybe the next guy who pulls up beside me on his Bus. This will be the first modification to the bike since picking it up on February 3rd. So far this what i have.
( Future plans are a Exhaust system and a Tune
Also what is the benifit of incresing the Rev limit?
* Remove Factory Timing Retard
* Remove Throttle Restrictions
* Remove emmisions
* Increased Idle
* Increased Rev Limit
* Remove Speed Limiters (Gear Dependent)
* Reduce Excessive Engine Braking/Improved Deceleration
* Improved Throttle Control & Reaction
* Remove Injector Shut-Off on Deceleration

The only Busa I get to ride with is my brother Chuck with his 15 model . When I see a Busa on the road I'm 99% time in my company van .
The only 4 busas I have seen while on my hayabusa in 8 months were going the other direction , and did not even notice me .

The only Busa I get to ride with is my brother Chuck with his 15 model . When I see a Busa on the road I'm 99% time in my company van .
The only 4 busas I have seen while on my hayabusa in 8 months were going the other direction , and did not even notice me .
But back on the topic of the original post.

I didn't feel a thing when I did mine. How your bike performs compared to the one that pulls up next to you will largely be dependent upon how well you ride. A gearing change will make a bigger difference than the flash.

A flash made mine more fun to ride. Prior to the flash the bike wouldn't power wheelie in first gear but after it would

Last edited:
I didn't feel a thing when I did mine. How your bike performs compared to the one that pulls up next to you will largely be dependent upon how well you ride. A gearing change will make a bigger difference than the flash.

Once the lower timing restrictions are removed on a gen2, I don't see how anyone could not notice???
It's not the "placebo effect", but the bike IS noticeably more responsive from lower rpms.

I've flashed my ecu,, but I didn't see a setting to reduce engine braking,, what tab is that under?
Things I've done:
Reduced enrichment to 60C
Reduced Fan on switch to 90C
Turned 02 sensor off
Pair Valve solenoid off
Removed Gear Restrictions
6th Gear Timing in all gears
6th Gear STP map for all gears
STP fueling at 100 for all gears
Increased Rev Limit to 11200
Mapped it for Brock CT exhaust and BMC Air filter with No Oil

You can def tell a difference from stock, even before the fuel mapping

But back on the topic of the original post.

Not trying to be an a**, but the only question I saw in your original post was why raise the RPM, which is because the Busa still makes power up there above the rev limit but it has been cut back for safety/longevity reasons. Other than that, I'm not sure what you're asking.

Not trying to be an a**, but the only question I saw in your original post was why raise the RPM, which is because the Busa still makes power up there above the rev limit but it has been cut back for safety/longevity reasons. Other than that, I'm not sure what you're asking.
well one of the flashing options was to raise the rev limit, just wanted to know the benefits or disadvantages of doing it.

Raising the rev limit is usually done for larger cams . Some raise just a few hundred rpms to get 200 mph with a small gearing change for LSR .

STP fueling at 100 for all gears

If you meant to say that you set the injector balance table at 100 across the board, you should know that doing this completely shut down your upper injectors and that you are now running on just the four primaries!

Once the lower timing restrictions are removed on a gen2, I don't see how anyone could not notice???
It's not the "placebo effect", but the bike IS noticeably more responsive from lower rpms.
I've worked with and owned several Gen-2's and don't notice. Mostly I drag race and the timing restrictions don't make a difference. If there were a difference it would be very easy to measure.

If you meant to say that you set the injector balance table at 100 across the board, you should know that doing this completely shut down your upper injectors and that you are now running on just the four primaries!
I think he means setting the STP's to 100% open instead of 93%. I haven't seen improvement in quarter mile times from doing this.

Frank, I think you are referring to Injector Balance Map,,,, I was talking about STP Fueling, it is a sub map to the Secondary Throttle plate Map,, this reduces fueling based on the STP opening,, its not reduced by much in the stock map,, I think around 87 at the lowest setting.. Since I changed my STP map to be the same in 2nd and 3rd to be the same as the rest of the gears; I also changed the STP fueling to match also, which is 100 across the board.

example.JPG

Frank, I think you are referring to Injector Balance Map,,,, I was talking about STP Fueling, it is a sub map to the Secondary Throttle plate Map,, this reduces fueling based on the STP opening,, its not reduced by much in the stock map,, I think around 87 at the lowest setting.. Since I changed my STP map to be the same in 2nd and 3rd to be the same as the rest of the gears; I also changed the STP fueling to match also, which is 100 across the board.

Yes, I was referring to the injector balance mapping, I thought you mis-spoke, obviously I mis-thunk! The changes you made are usually very noticeable first time back in the saddle . . .

Back