Any tuners in Hawaii (ECU Flash)

weav808

Registered
I would love to take advantage of the route to flash the ECU, but I am unaware of any tuners here in Honolulu that can perform this tune. If anyone knows please respond. :beerchug:

Where in Honolulu are you? I'm in Mililani. Though they're not the greatest shop around, check out Rev Tech near Costco. The owner, Ted, specializes in busa's since that's all he runs at the track on the big island.

Also, check out this site Forums Hawaii for some info on local shops, group rides, etc.

actually. i have talked to ted about tunning the ECU with petrek software's and gregs harness, he is not not up par with it and looks to in into lossing money on add ons... he knows how to work on busas, so does andy's as they both run modified turbo class, but ted is going to go for the pockets when paying for his service. trust me that is why his shop looks so nice.
good luck.

Good info. Ya, that's why I mentioned not the greatest shop around. Too $$$ for me and not always the best work. I noticed Andy's had a ton of busa's getting worked on the one time I stopped in.

looks like I need to buy a dyno...:laugh:
Andy can do some nice work if the shop is not busy but good luck with that now days when everyone is jacking the prices.
OP needs to do some homework and flash his own after he copies out the factory maps/setting and go for small increments.
Yahoo group has good support for maps with some common changes that he can look into as well.

Send a pm to Smithbusa, he has a list of ecu flashers, got mine dyno tuned for $225.00

PC tunes start off around $500 for tune and dyno time here in Hawaii. Can't see HP to cost gain worth it. I already have the PCV and have no problems with it. Like said, I would like to have more control over engine management with the flash such as speed limiter and a refined tune. Hopefully my friend who is an STI tuner can help me with a tune.

weav, i had some time with andy yesterday and teying to get some time for both of us to play with the ecu editor v2.2 just need to find time that will work with both of us and make some basic maps using my new bike as the test mule... but one of the things we are looking at is the crazy ignition timing aroud 5.k rpms... due to my job looks like i won't be back at the dyno until august... so if we can manage some play time before then I think the price shound be half of what ted (REVTEK) is charging
as for the maps we are talking about saving this:
1 all stock with the basics,
1 with k&n filter and slip ons
1 with K&n filter and full exhaust
1 with shorty pipes and factory header

all will come with disabled soft cut limiter
rev lim from 11.3k to 12.5k

Back