ear phones

droptail

Registered
Recommendations for iPod headsets (small 2.5mm connector) that work with a helmet?  Just can't seem to get my ear buds to stay in when putting my helmet on.  Head sets I've installed in my helmets need an adapter that seem to rob volume, need to crank it.
What do you guys use?
Jim-on-Busa-web.jpg

While I don't have an iPod, I do use an MP3 player and hubby got me a set of Bose earbuds...

I love 'em, but I will warn you that the rubber tips tend to get dropped/lost while taking 'em in and out
sad.gif
They're comfy though...

This is a link to a company I read about several months ago in Hot Bike magazine. They list a standard 3.5mm plug, does your Ipod take a 2.5 or 3.5? Anyway check out the website, the ear pieces are molded to your ear canals and will not fall out.

Hearing Dynamics USA

(BlueHaya @ Jun. 04 2007,13:24) They sound like a great item, but
SHOCKED.gif
starting at $250.
Did you check out the price for the true audiophile? $800! Sound reproduction and the elimination of wind noise are suppose to be outstanding, so at $220 might be worth it.

I use the earbuds that came with my CREATIVE Nano MP3 player...it's smaller than a BIC lighter.  If I get them set right they are fine while riding, not too uncomfortable, but always a pain when taking my helmet off.  Also, for some, the earbuds that came with the MP3 put out a lot more volume than any other compatable earbuds I have.  Just guess some are louder.

Check these out as well, not sure how well they work but a fewuse them:
http://search.ebay.com/search....egory0=

My daughter earbuds work for me I just have to take care when putting the helmet on. Maybe you need the ones that loop over the ears.

ips_accessland_headphones.gif

I gave up on the ear buds. just bugged me to much. i bought a set of speakers that go in a helmet off ebay. paid like 30 bucks for them. they are not to bad really. sound is pretty good. although i did have to buy another cord connector from radio shack for about 15 bucks to replace the one that came with it.

Actually, its my cell phone, which is my MP3 player. These are what I have now. Oh well, won't file attach.

the ipod plug is by no means standard, I have the same problem when I use my chatterbox. When I dont have my Chatterbox, I use ear buds that I bought from the Apple store. They work great, but when I tried switching to the using earbuds from my pioneer inno, the volume bug came back to bite me.

Sony Earbuds. I think I paid about $30 for mine. They fit INSIDE the ear better than alot of the others (Like dadofthree's.. his are kind of long and don't fit completely inside the ear)
31N3K35T07L._AA280_.jpg

(SpeedGeek @ Jun. 04 2007,18:55) Sony Earbuds.  I think I paid about $30 for mine.  They fit INSIDE the ear better than alot of the others (Like dadofthree's.. his are kind of long and don't fit completely inside the ear)
31N3K35T07L._AA280_.jpg
+1 Those are about the same ones that I use and they are the only ones I will continue to use after trying a half dozen others.

these work really well for the price, doesn't distort the sound too much when you put the helmet on. blocks alot of wind noise!! JVC marshmallow (wal-mart, best buy)

earphones.jpg

I tested 30 different models including $300.00 Bose.

$30.00 Creative Labs EP-630 sounds better then $300 bose. And they are the smallest.
For my GF it is most important feature due to her small ears. They use Neodym magnets like most expensive models.

(SpeedGeek @ Jun. 04 2007,19:55) Sony Earbuds.  I think I paid about $30 for mine.  They fit INSIDE the ear better than alot of the others (Like dadofthree's.. his are kind of long and don't fit completely inside the ear)
31N3K35T07L._AA280_.jpg
These work, and fit awesome!!! I love mine.

Whatever you decide on, put a bandana on and cover your ears with it before you put your helmet on. This will keep them in place.

(tinbender0 @ Jun. 04 2007,21:42) these work really well for the price, doesn't distort the sound too much when you put the helmet on. blocks alot of wind noise!! JVC marshmallow (wal-mart, best buy)
these are better, the ones without the holes on the backside sound better with your lid on

Back