Earbuds in your helmet

ICE.. how do those sound. ? the molded ear piece sounds good. thou.

Professor: i currenly use the stock ear pieces that came with my Creative Zen micro .. but i wear a HJC CL14 and its ok to say the least but dosent give me that much problems.. im not sure but my geuss is most ear buds would fit better than the stock ear phones. what do you think? I just dont want to invest all that money and not get the performance. and not be satisfied.. hmm take a gamble .. hehe

Professor:  i currenly use the stock ear pieces that came with my Creative Zen micro .. but i wear a HJC CL14 and its ok to say the least but dosent give me that much problems.. im not sure but my geuss is most ear buds would fit better than the stock ear phones.  what do you think?  I just dont want to invest all that money and not get the performance.  and not be satisfied.. hmm take a gamble .. hehe
I don’t think you can compare an “included setâ€￾ of earphones that came with a unit. Here is the thread on Sport-Touring.net that convinced me to give it a try. LinkI paid $100 for mine at the time. Knowing what I know now, I’d give a $150 if necessary to replace them. Read through the link. Great reviews of a great product.

Im like everyone else I have tried everything but it came down to the sound on my choice i took a pair of sony high fidelity head phones that came with my cd/mp3 player and took them apart taped up everything and velcro them in place inside the helmet .so when im not running with my friends or on a trip i use these instead of my chatter box if im on a trip i use the chatter box and its head phones.The sony headphones have alot better sound then the chatterbox. I have read on other web sites that you can cut the wires and solder the chatterbox plug to the sony head phones just havent tried it yet.

ICE.. how do those sound. ?  the molded ear piece sounds good. thou.

Professor:  i currenly use the stock ear pieces that came with my Creative Zen micro .. but i wear a HJC CL14 and its ok to say the least but dosent give me that much problems.. im not sure but my geuss is most ear buds would fit better than the stock ear phones.  what do you think?  I just dont want to invest all that money and not get the performance.  and not be satisfied.. hmm take a gamble .. hehe
For me, I wouldnt trade the custom fit ones for nothing. It's the same thing the military guys use with their throat mics and ear pieces. Small difference is they SHOVE the mold down deeper into the ear when making it due to the extreme noise around them.

I find that I have to turn them down because it's DEEP in the ear. Also the rest acts as an ear plug so it's great. Some cheaper radio's however dont get loud enuff when walking but plugging in a set of standard ear phones revealed the unit sucked. Man on a cell phone call it's beautiful.........

JD

I use Koss 'The Plug' earphones and an RCA Lyra. The Koss are nice, cheap, and comfy(10+ hours and nopain at all). They help drown out wind noise as well. They canget a little bass heavy, but there is a mod for that as well as a mod to change the factory foam for the orange earplugs(havent needed to do that).

I have had problems with any type of "ear bud", especially on longer rides.  I now use the type that go over the ear and have not had any problems since.  I also have a Sony MiniDisc and I typically don't have any problems with it skipping just as long as I have it in my jacket pocket and not clipped on to anything.  The jacket 'gives' just enough to prevent skipping on bumpy roads.

+1 on the sony's I have them too sound great but they do fall out once in a while.
rock.gif

Back