Dyno at 168. Acceptable?

BLACK_KNIGHTS

Registered
Guys,

I have a busa 03 with Akrapovic full system, PCIII and K&N filter. Mileage is approximately 35000 km. Dyno it recently and got a reading of 168 rwhp. Is that an ok reading with such a setup? Appreciate the feedback. By the way how much does a Dyno cost in the states? Well it cost about USD45 just to get it on the machine. Tunning it will cost another USD45. Expensive? I am from Malaysia by the way. A new 08 busa cost USD35k.

Thanks.

Dyno rates sound right. at least in my area of the states. I think the number sounds kinda high, but I don't know much about Busa Dyno numbers yet.. I'm a busa owner Newbie
beerchug.gif

sounds about right, horsepower numbers from a dyno can vary as said and it also depends on the elevation your at there. making good power!
beerchug.gif

hp sounds right with those mods. you might have an airbox mod. did they use blowers to blow air in your air ducts? for more accurate fuel air measurement. dyno cost is cheaper than my area of U.S. but like they said dyno are sometimes jenerous

DYNO #'S SOUND GOOD FOR WHATS DONE TO IT. MY O5 ONLY MADE 153.8 HP & 100LBS TORQUE WITH ONLY 61 MILES ON IT.BUT LIKE EVERYONE SAID #'S WILL VERY. I'VE SEEN 3 O5 BUSA DYNO THE SAMEDAY ALL WERE STOCK AND THEY WOULD VERY 5 TO 8 HP DIFFERNT,BUT THE TORQUE WOULD BE CLOSE 1 TO 2 LBS.

The way the engine is broken in also has a lot to do with it. Contrary to what most people believe, you're not supposed to baby it so much in the begining. That's not to say that you're supposed just go out and run it balls to the wall, but you do want to do some fairly hard acceleration and such. Otherwise all you'll do is glaze the cylenders. If you run it a LITTLE bit harder it'll seat the rings better, and thereby create more hp. But anyway, nice numbers. And as for the dyno price, that REALLY GOOD. It costs anywhere from $65-$85 here.

Dyno numbers sound close with those mods but the
bike price just isn't right the Busa should not be
a luxury it should be a necessity.

Well the government sees it that due to smaller demands and the alternative of smaller bikes available they hiked the taxes and made it otherwise. What can I say but only envy you guys having access to such options. Do you know that the Ducati Desmosedici RR cost a whooping USD186K no doubt only 1500 units are made. There are 2 units on it's way here. Haven't a clue who the owner is.

RR_LEFTANGLE.jpg

my bone factory stock 2003 Dyno'd from 147 - 156 ish. I guess I have a K&N air filter but doubt that really does much

Well the government sees it that due to smaller demands and the alternative of smaller bikes available they hiked the taxes and made it otherwise. What can I say but only envy you guys having access to such options. Do you know that the Ducati Desmosedici RR cost a whooping USD186K no doubt only 1500 units are made. There are 2 units on it's way here. Haven't a clue who the owner is.

RR_LEFTANGLE.jpg
Actually, I am. I just bought one yesterday from Spectrum Ducati in Irvine, California!!

And then I woke up!!!
lol1.gif
jump9.gif

168rwhp with those mods sounds about right. Just like everyone else says, each dyno reads different, along with weather conditions, humidity, etc..

Back