Busa on the Dyno

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
So I was getting my 500 mile service done today (2nd one, didnt realize it had the 500 mile service until we got into it, oh well 1700 miles on it now and fresh oil and everything retightened). Anyhow, As I was B.S.'ing with the Tech he asked me if I wanted to see the Dyno numbers...I said huh?

Apparently the shop dynoed all their new liter bikes and Busa's. Average Busa was putting out about 148 H.P. at the rear wheel. Looked at the sheet, and Mine Dynoed at 155 H.P. - Not sure if this sounds low to you guys, but the tech also said the dyno was a mobile dyno, and wasnt really setup for humidity, atmosphere, etc....so the Tech said the dyno typically reads very low. Also found out the new 05 Liter bikes are making about 147 to 150 H.P. - not bad, but still wouldnt trade my Busa for one.

Anyone else have dyno results for completely stock bike? I guess the highest number stock they have ever seen was 163 H.P. stock, but the tech said it was a customers bike, and thought he had switched to synth oil.

Not too many bone stock boos here, I don't think.
tounge.gif

bone stock GSXR1Ks making around 154 at the rear, not once, but several pulls on a few customer bikes. During an open house at two locations spaced two weeks apart.

Range was like 149 to 157 or so... 4 2005 1k's total.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120420324 -->

Not to get into a "break in debate" here but how does dynoing a brand new motorcycle fit in with the suggested break in process?
rock.gif

I have a 2005 Busa and got it up on a dyno for tuning after installing a Yosh full Duplex race system. Also i was getting a Power commander III.

The first run (without PC3 but with Yosh exhaust) gave 158HP and 94.1 pounds of torque. After installing the PC3 and mapping it (custom map) the best run gave 166.7HP and 100.9 pounds of torque.

I don't know what would have been the numbers bone stock without the Yosh, but my guess would be around 155HP. And i trust the guys and the equipment at that center (amisport Honda) as they have a solid reputation, a brand new Dynojet bench and they are a recommanded tuning center by Dynojet.
race.gif

bone stock GSXR1Ks making around 154 at the rear, not once, but several pulls on a few customer bikes. During an open house at two locations spaced two weeks apart.

Range was like 149 to 157 or so... 4 2005 1k's total.
so by what your saying the dyno used on my bike was a little low considering the numbers the new Liter bikes pulled. So My 155 number may be conservative on this dyno, and may actually be a few +++ ponies more?

Back