Dropped it!

Don't buy this bike!  Don't trust a dealership that is willing to call you and say that their mechanic DROPPED the bike.  Alot more happened to this bike, chances are!  Either way, it's now used!  Don't pay new price for a used bike!  Don't do it!  You now have the upper hand!  USE IT!
+1000000000000000000000000......

I told the dealership I want to see that beeyatch come out of the crate so they didn't push a floor model on me.

Don't take the chance of getting suckered.  I would go to another dealer altogether.
My bike was a floor model with 0 miles...

When I got it they pushed it out to the service dept. and pushed it back out... and I rode it home.
+100000000000000000
get one that hasn't been dropped!

Yeah, I would get my ass down there and inspect the bike before they cover up any real damage. I can't see an experienced big guy dropping a bike that is already between his legs at a stop light. Doesn't make sense. Who cares if its been test driven, as long as its minimal. A couple of mile to check for things that could save your life or a weekend of riding is worth it to me to have a mechanic check it. The point is, its been dropped by an (hopefully)experienced rider. That probably means he was more then likely screwing around with it.

<!--EDIT|memorex
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154953574 -->

Dollars to Donuts the dealership is telling him the truth. NO dealership trying to hide ANYTHING would call up a buyer and tell him they dropped his new bike just to buy time. I know and love the region he lives in and it is for two reasons... the landscape and the people. The area he lives in isn't "big City" like a lot of us are used to. I'm betting He's getting the straight story. If this were happening in New York, Chicago, LA or Tampa I'd be wary.
Dude, Enjoy your bike and get them to throw in the Suzuki Extended warranty. Telling them you are officially buying a used dropped bike at new sticker price should motivate them sufficiently. Besides that they are only conceding to a couple hundred bucks their cost anyway. Tell them it will make you feel a LOT better and convince you not to walk away.

They put 1 mile on it after set-up to make sure everything worked, delivered it for free (supposedly) and I followed the guy to my home. I made sure there would be no hidden fug-ups to worry about. I would advise you or anybody else do the same.

This is what you need to make sure and see the same day before getting your bike.

Img_0223.jpg

Did you go buy it yet?  Haven't heard from you lately.
He's probably sick of all the "poo" being flung around in this thread.... I swear, i sounds like most people in here have absolutly no trust in anyone... wanna go through life with no trust in people, your call but i still stick with what i said, i'd rather the dealership ride my bike and have it come back to me with 2, 4 or 15 miles on it to make sure its all good before i get on and find out something is wrong. There are things called benifit of a doubt and trust and to me from what he said the dealership is taking care of him after an accident occured as any dealership should. Remember, they called him!

Did you go buy it yet?  Haven't heard from you lately.
He's probably sick of all the "poo" being flung around in this thread....         I swear, i sounds like most people in here have absolutly no trust in anyone...  wanna go through life with no trust in people, your call but i still stick with what i said, i'd rather the dealership ride my bike and have it come back to me with 2, 4 or 15 miles on it to make sure its all good before i get on and find out something is wrong.  There are things called benifit of a doubt and trust and to me from what he said the dealership is taking care of him after an accident occured as any dealership should.  Remember, they called him!
Agreed...to an extent...test mileage doesn't scare me...as long as they don't lay it down! As soon as they called me I would have high tailed it over there to review the damage first hand, then negotiate extras and make a rational decision.

Yes, they called him, but you act as if the dealer performed an act of God by doing so.  A smart dealer knows they could not afford to let him find out by himself.  Maybe they knew he would have found out because of someone else involved, insurance, police report, etc.  If I did I would call local news, Suzuki, stand out front and tell my story, etc.

I trust my neighbor to pick up my mail and take care of my dog when I'm out of town, or someone to perform quality work that I can confirm and pay for when the job is done. But I'm not going to plunck down $11,000.00 for a new bike that has been dropped under mysterious circumstances or any other.

If he moves forward due to availability of the LE, at least get something legal in writing stating no questions asked additional coverage beyond warranty by the dealer...excluding wrecking damage.

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154969341 -->

There's an LE at bama powersports in Oxford, AL sitting in the showroom...

Hi all, sorry I've taken so long to get back. Here's what's happened in the meantime:

I inspected the bike, carefully, thoroughly. On the right side, five small vertical scratches on the fairing. Two small scratches on the pipe, where the muffler meets the pipe. And one very tiny scratch on the mirror.

Dealer is replacing the muffler can, the fairing, and the mirror.

I bought the bike, with the added concession that they reduce the exteneded warranty by $250. Some say it should be free, some say don't buy it at all, there's been a lot of advice.

Anyway, of course, I did what I felt was best. And after looking at the damage, and knowing that they're replacing everything, and that there is no cost to me, it was all good. They've basically taken it in the shorts on this one, after figuring in the cost of fairing, muffler and mirror, plus overnight express shipping, and time to repair. Their profit margin is certainly less, anyway.

I live in Orange County, CA. Bought the bike from Orange County Motorsports. They're good people, down to earth. They're sales guy, Fabian, has been up front and real.

Businesses have to make a profit. I don't mind paying a little more for something that's new. And whether the bike was dropped or not, it's still new. I'll be the first registered owner of the vehicle.

Yea, we have to be able to trust people. But someone wise once said, "Trust. But verify." So I always add verification to whatever I do these days. And you all have been very helpful and insightful and I respect that and appreciate it.

Once the bike is actually in my garage, I'll take a bunch of pics and post them.

Sold the Kawasaki 10R Ninja Sunday. The dude is terribly excited about having the bike. He "loves the way I fixed it up" and I'm glad to have the space in the garage for the new busa.

Anyone wants to see pics of the Ninja I sold can see them at my website located at tomglander.com

I'll start a new thread when I get the bike. And I plan to do some immediate mods... the standard fender hack, taillight mod, double bouble routine. And then more as time goes on. I'll keep a running in-depth update on my website.

Well, that's how the story ends. Or is it just starting? I think this is only the beginning.

One more thing... when I was at the dealership, a guy named Reggie had just bought the red busa. He's had 6 different bikes, he says. He just wishes that he'd bought the busa a long time ago. It's a fabulous machine. But I'm preaching to the choir, eh?
wink.gif

I told him about this board. Maybe he'll join.

Take care, and I hope this kind of ends one story and starts another. Thanks again all for your excellent input. I'd buy each one of you whatever you want to drink if we were all hanging out somewhere.

Tom

uhhhh....sorry, but I'd be saying goodbye to that deal and find/wait for another bike.  Who knows what the guy was actually doing when he dropped it, hell, he may have been flying down the road when he "dropped" it and really messed up the bike and you would never know it.  Do yourself a favor and refuse this bike.
ITS JINXED !!!!!

uhhhh....sorry, but I'd be saying goodbye to that deal and find/wait for another bike.  Who knows what the guy was actually doing when he dropped it, hell, he may have been flying down the road when he "dropped" it and really messed up the bike and you would never know it.  Do yourself a favor and refuse this bike.
I agree. When I took possession of my bike they put it outside and it had ZERO miles on it. They don't need to be test riding your bike! Even if they replace parts, etc.... it's a used bike you'd be buying. If you go with that bike I'd make them take more money off the final price. That will show 'em!

Most mechanics and guys working at dealers/shops know how to ride. I doubt he dropped it in the way the dealer said.

I guess it's your call.
Exactly! When I buy new, they know that I am very anal about the condition of the new bike. Mine had ZERO miles on it, NO test drive is necessary other than by the NEW OWNER! I'd walk wayyy...farrr away from this deal! For me, they even leave the shrink wrap on the windscreen, etc, I do all the cleaning and stuff like that when I get a new ride home in the garage. To each his own though......good luck and welcome aboard!

Back