New scratched up busa

Sorry to hear about your mishap... Look on the brite side, now that it's got it's first scratch, you can ride it like a rental!!!
smile.gif

That sucks! It’s all in how you look at it now. Got the crash out of the way, broken wrist but it’s winter time. You will be up shredding in know time. Hang in there tomorrow is a better day.

I had just gotten back into bike riding after a long haitus, about seven years ago. Had a new HD Sportster, never even got our of my neighborhood, wrecked it (totally my fault), and broke my collar bone. Looking back I think it was the best exp. for bike riding I could have had. Gave me a quick respect for the potential problems on 2 wheels, made me more cautious. BTW, bike only cosmetic damage, my ego deeply bruised. When that wrist heals, you will do just fine.

Larry

Well, it's the Busa curse that it rains when you buy one...I'm so sorry to hear about the mishap and I hope the wrist heals soon..
sad.gif

That sucks bad man, heal fast and dont let this get you down.

Congrats on the Busa.
cool.gif

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I dropped mine in the driveway pulling in, scuffed it up pretty good. Then I dropped it in the garage taking it off the stands, (don't forget the kickstand). Got the other side on that one but just a few minor scuffs. I did all my damage in under 2000 miles, made me want to puke. I couldn't look at it for a few days after I did it because I was so sick with myself. As far as your tire, the wax in the tire is a natural process in the manufacturing. It helps it come out of the mold easier and does help preserve it on the shelf. It's in the pores of the rubber and the only good way to get it out is by riding and getting the tire warm and slinging it off. On a warm day 100 miles should take care of it.

Wow, that bites, I have an 06 and have only 120 miles on it, took ownership in Dec/Jan, last ride was in 30 degree weather, cold but I stilled smilled, all highway for now.... Good luck and speedy recovery.

smile.gif

i got the new 06 busa with zero miles saturday. hauled it in the back of truck from dealer 200 miles away.  stopped at neighbors tire shop about 15 miles from home to unload bike.  was going to drive it from there to the house, wife following in truck.  it was raining, tire still had preservatives on it.  pulled out slow and rear end started sliding, lost it, high sided, left side scratched up, slider toast.  i have broken left wrist.

should have cleaned tire before riding, should have waited to unload bike at home and ridden it in dry conditions first.  bike still doesn't have one mile on it.  now it will be at least six weeks before wrist is ready for riding.  wife is even more against me riding as she was watching event unfold.  

i normally type without looking, now i am typing one handed.  i feel pretty bad about it, but will get back on when wrist is ready.  i had all safety gear on and was really bundled up, not a scratch on me.
Bro.
Take this this time to repare your bike and make any new mod to it(this site has the best info on that). The sun will shine when you have recovered and once you take her for a spin it will be like it never happened, just gradually work your way back into it to build your confedience back up.

Now, will be a good time to build that wax up...

Busa's are the best bikes in the world, I think thats why I can't stay off of mine.

Back