Dropped it!

tglander

Donating Member
Registered
Hi all, I'm going to start trying to post more. I do a lot of reading, and really enjoy the group here.

I'm ready to pick up a Limited Edition 06 Busa at Orange County Motorsports Saturday. Have the check in hand, been working with them on this for a couple of weeks.

Today the phone rings... "Hi, we have bad news for you."

"Okay..."

"Yea, our mechanic was taking your new bike for a test ride and he dropped it."

"Terrific!" (Not.)

I was told the guy was waiting at a signal, a car came up behind him, and he freaked or something... who knows, nobody was there to witness it, but he dropped the bike on its side.

Scratched the faring, scratched/dented the pipe, scraped a mirror. And all before I even get to BUY the thing.

So now, I have to wait until Tuesday while they have new parts overnighted to replace what they messed up.

Pretty much a bummer, since I was pumped and ready to take possession Saturday morning.

Well, now they say they'll deliver the bike to my house for free to try and make up for the problem, after everything is perfect. I guess that's okay.

Can't wait to get it... I used to have an 03... had to get rid of it due to relationship issues... and then bought a 10R Ninja... but didn't like it, but only realized my mistake after riding for a couple of months.

Can't wait to get the Busa. It's like, well, you understand. It's just the best bike I've ever ridden. And there's nothing else like it. Just an incredible machine.

Thanks for listening. And thanks to all for the great site and the terrific information here. The value is tremendous, and I'm going to become a sustaining member by making a donation.

Tom in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Sorry to read about their mishap but at least it wasn't your mishap!  Congrats on the 06LE!  They get A LOT of attention!  Busa's get a lot as is but the 06LE's......wow!

Congrats! It is better that he dropped it and not you though. Ask them if you can keep the old plastics that got damaged.

uhhhh....sorry, but I'd be saying goodbye to that deal and find/wait for another bike. Who knows what the guy was actually doing when he dropped it, hell, he may have been flying down the road when he "dropped" it and really messed up the bike and you would never know it. Do yourself a favor and refuse this bike.

Congrats!  It is better that he dropped it and not you though.  Ask them if you can keep the old plastics that got damaged.
What would I do with the scratched piece? I'll ask them for it, all the same.
If they are just scratched and not broke, they are still worth some money and may come in handy someday. Some people would take them in a heart beat if they wrecked thier bike and needed some replacements. Either way, you could always sell them on Ebay and pocket a couple of hundred bucks (especially being LE).

"Yea, our mechanic was taking your new bike for a test ride and he dropped it." [/QUOTE]
Sorry,I didn't even bother (no dis-respect) reading you whole post....
What is he a F'ing Moron???
WTF!!!!

Welcome to this place,stop by more often,a great bunch of folks!!!

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154733677 -->

Well at least it sounds like they are hooking you up for your extra wait. Most dealers wouldnt do such a thing.

Well at least it sounds like they are hooking you up for your extra wait.  Most dealers wouldnt do such a thing.
They are just dropping it off at his house....would you trust them with it on a truck after all of this? Anyways, riding it home is the best part.

uhhhh....sorry, but I'd be saying goodbye to that deal and find/wait for another bike. Who knows what the guy was actually doing when he dropped it, hell, he may have been flying down the road when he "dropped" it and really messed up the bike and you would never know it. Do yourself a favor and refuse this bike.
+1 full price for a damaged bike, not.

Hmm... well, I'd love to ride it home, but there are transportation issues, arranging a ride to the dealer on a weekday, stuff like that. I'll just them deliver it. Traffic kind of sucks during the time of day I'd be able to go pick it up, too.

Oh, more info here about the drop.

I called them back after reading a post, and they assure me that the bike was sitting still at a red light. The guy is "a muscular dude" and he tried to keep the bike from falling over. The actual scratching of the plastic will bear this out, as one can tell if something was moving when it went down.

Anyway, I'll inspect everything Saturday.

Trust. It's a big issue. And like someone said today, "Trust. But verify."

Good idea.

I agree. When I took possession of my bike they put it outside and it had ZERO miles on it. They don't need to be test riding your bike! Even if they replace parts, etc.... it's a used bike you'd be buying. If you go with that bike I'd make them take more money off the final price. That will show 'em!

Most mechanics and guys working at dealers/shops know how to ride. I doubt he dropped it in the way the dealer said.

I guess it's your call.

you said u had a zx10r i love that bike and would trade my busa in a minute for it why didn't you like it.and how much faster is it.

you said u had a zx10r i love that bike and would trade my busa in a minute for it why didn't you like it.and how much faster is it.
The 10R is fabulous, a really terrific bike. I love it. It looks mean, rides great. But I'm 6'4" tall, and it just looks, well, small. And it feels kind of "smallish" too. The Busa's wheelbase is longer, and it just feels better when I sit on it.

You can see the Ninja at tomglander.com

It's for sale... don't really have room for two bikes right now. But the Ninja is super duper for sure, and I had fun doing the mods to it.  
idea.gif

Those bikes come 99.99% assembled in the crate. All they have to install is the windscreen and do the normal service. Why was he riding it? I would be down there to see the damage in person.

Don

What! Shid they don't have to test ride a bike. That's bullshit go to the another dealer and get a brand new bike 0 miles.

Quote (TulBusa @ Aug. 04 2006,16:12)
uhhhh....sorry, but I'd be saying goodbye to that deal and find/wait for another bike.  Who knows what the guy was actually doing when he dropped it, hell, he may have been flying down the road when he "dropped" it and really messed up the bike and you would never know it.  Do yourself a favor and refuse this bike.

+1 full price for a damaged bike, not. [/QUOTE]

+2

There is no way to know what may have got knocked out of spec. The dealer is only going to fix what's obvious, and leave the rest for you to discover... only later to tell you that it's normal and all Busas do that.

I'd say forget it... new bike or no deal.

<!--EDIT|LightCycle
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154737746 -->

Back