Getting my first Buse.........

Avenger

Registered
Well, The big day to finally pick up my 2000 Hayabusa was at hand. I'm buying it from my best friend, but he had one last ride to take. He left on Saturday morning, rode up to Yosemite, Bass Lake, found some terrific roads, had a great time. 77 miles from home on Highway 138 out of Palmdale, while enjoying the ride, the view, and the day, his buddy in front of him suddenly decided to stop at this little store without warning. Next thing you know, he's sliding down the road behind the Buse. So now I'll be getting some new plastic, an exhaust can, and a mirror. I'm so bummed I can't stand it. At least he is okay, except for no fingerprints on his right hand (wearing fingerless gloves), and a bit sore. He called me when he got home to tell me the sad news. The bright side is I know he will replace everything, but of course the bad news is that I gotta wait another couple of weeks to get it. Man, I had a ride planned this weekend to get acquainted with my new found love. Love hurts........:banghead:

bummer :poke:

good thing is, you live in Cali, so riding season never ends :thumbsup:

hang in there bro, and your new found love will be better than she was before :cheerleader:

except for no fingerprints on his right hand (wearing fingerless gloves)

Hard to read stuff like that. Fingerless gloves vs. Armored Gloves. Hmm. Hopefully a year from now you won't be telling me about how he was wearing tennis shoes. Sorry, gear nazi stuff. :rulez:

That does suck. Not enough damage for a salvage title I hope- doesn't take much to do that from an insurance perspective. Not the same value on the bike anymore I'd imagine. You'll be getting it for a cheaper price despite the new parts right. "Never been down" has value and is worth paying for.

Oh, and Avenger, you will love the bike. Here's first pic of me ever taken on the busa as I was leaving the (now) former owners house as I rode away on his baby. :laugh:

68,000 miles later, still lovin' the '00.

Backside-LesHouse-400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys for the words of encouragement. I spoke with my buddy today, and we are getting together tomorrow to assess the damage. Hopefully it is a whole lot less than we think. I'll let you know the story.......... So, is there someone that can supply replacement plastic for less than Suzuki? If not, fine, but somehow I think there's gotta be someone that can make my Buse all better for less than than the factory................................:thumbsup:

eBay and the forums are your friend Avenger. Stock side panel is like $500 OEM last time I checked.

I once bought a brand new left side off psychobusa.com for $250. Probably one of the best deals I've ever gotten. I've never been able to find a used nose though in decent shape. Last time I had to do that it was $350 off eBay for a new one.

Gets expensive fast. Once had a idiot-lady back into my ZX-11D in a parking lot. Just the tip over was $3200 in damage. Her insurance paid for replacement everything.

This is the good side. I've already ordered a new fairing kit, and the stator cover should be in by Wednesday. I'm amazed at how little damage actually occurred. It should be as good as new in a couple of weeks.:thumbsup:

Hayabusa 001.jpg

Sorry about the bad luck, but very happy your buddy is OK. Good luck with the new girl. :beerchug:

I'm glad your buddy is ok and that your bike will be fine after the cosmetic damage...But please... stop calling it a Buse... its Busa... short for Hayabusa... there is no e on the end! Enjoy your new bike! :beerchug: :thumbsup:

Back