Dropped it!

I get the same feeling, something is wrong. Unless its a great deal go some where else.

Okay, everyone, and especially Turbo Torch, you're all making good points here. Let me add something more to this conversation.

1. I've called other dealerships in the area... no LEs in stock.

2. The dealership is paying for the parts out of their profit margin. No claims are being filed.

3. They called me right away and were honest about their mistake.

4. I wanted to pick the bike up, but they said no, the bike has to be perfect first.

The thing is, it actually has been dropped. This is certainly a bargaining position for me. The free warranty is an excellent place to bargain.

I'm standing there waving cash... they should make a concession. I'll know more later today.

Thanks again to everyone who's commented on this. I just wonder how many people have bought a "new" bike that was "accidently dropped" then repaired before it ever went out on the floor. How would you know, unless you were there to see it uncrated, unpacked, whatever?

Anyway, much insight is gained by all of your comments. I appreciate the community and find it EXTREMELY valuable, and hope to meet some of you someday for a ride somewhere. I'm close to Cook's Corner... anyone heard of it?

Take care all.
My bike had 0 miles...

If it was dropped, it was dropped while being pushed and was repaired...
smile.gif
Some dipwad mechanic didn't take it out for a test/joyride and get spooked...

I bet the mechanic guy totally pinned the throttle... because think; it's not his bike and what does he care?

new bike..accidently dropped my le doing less than 5mph....now i get a little front wheel wobble....just scratches...so you never know how much has been done...refuse it...its your money not thiers

For those of you who say that a test ride is "shid", you better take into account where the bike is being purchased.  My bike had 0 miles on it on the show room floor... after they serviced it, it had to have a state inspection done.  Closest place was 1 mile away.  The keys to my new busa were givin to me with 2 miles on the odometer...  Call it what you want, test ride or a inspection or what ever... i'd rather them "test ride" it and find something wrong than me find out the hard way while i'm on my way home...
Ditto.. if the front wheel crumbles at 45mph.. i dont' wnna be on it.

when I bought the triumph it had 12 mi.

Guy offered to let me follow him on the route he takes while he was doing mine... on a rocket III.. lol

He explained it as (and I have no reason to distrust him,, and he had nothing to gain because I've never really cared if a new bike had a few miles anyway) a requirement from triumph to put atleast 10 miles on it.. and showed me on the check list that I've got here that it's got a little box along with 80000000000 other ones for a pre-delievery inspection.. and it has several boxes for road test on it.

plus the triumph has a top speed indicator built into it.. hehe .. 58 mph... well below where the engine would have to be to over-rev it in any gear.. and low enough that it wouldn't even have gone past the recommended break in revs in anything but 1st/2nd... and he was in third before he got to 15mph from what I saw.

I was at my local dealership yesterday, 06 Busa's 10,400 OTD. They have 1 LE left, might be a little more.

I agree, don't buy this bike...unless they are taking $1500.00 off sticker. More money for mods..

Okay, everyone, and especially Turbo Torch, you're all making good points here. Let me add something more to this conversation.

2. The dealership is paying for the parts out of their profit margin. No claims are being filed.

4. I wanted to pick the bike up, but they said no, the bike has to be perfect first.

The thing is, it actually has been dropped. This is certainly a bargaining position for me. The free warranty is an excellent place to bargain.

I'm standing there waving cash... they should make a concession. I'll know more later today.

Thanks again to everyone who's commented on this. I just wonder how many people have bought a "new" bike that was "accidently dropped" then repaired before it ever went out on the floor. How would you know, unless you were there to see it uncrated, unpacked, whatever?

Anyway, much insight is gained by all of your comments. I appreciate the community and find it EXTREMELY valuable, and hope to meet some of you someday for a ride somewhere. I'm close to Cook's Corner... anyone heard of it?

Take care all.
My bike had 0 miles...

smile.gif

I bet the mechanic guy totally pinned the throttle... because think; it's not his bike and what does he care?
just because your bike had zero miles on doesnt mean it was never driven. all you have to do is disconnect the plug from the back of the speedo and the miles wont register.

one more note. ive been to the corvette factory in bowling green kentucky. when the car is finally put together, its put on a dynometer like type of machine. the car is then accelerated to i think 60 mph or so for a certain length of time while the computer checks and make sure things work right. brakes are checked, exhaust gases are checked alonged with other checks i cant remember. i asked our guide if the miles are registering on the car while he is basically driving it at speed on the machine. she didnt know so i asked the guy performing the test. he said the miles are NOT registering. i know for the amount of time on the machine it should have had at least 5 miles on it, but some unknowing guy is going to buy it thinking just because it shows 0 miles that its never been driven. one more thing.....every 1 out of 50 or 100 vetts, i cant remember the exact number, is taken outside to a test track and tested that way. again, no miles will be registered on the odometer.

Just buy the dang thing and lets ride.

<!--EDIT|300Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154926264 -->

Take care all.
My bike had 0 miles...

smile.gif

just because your bike had zero miles on doesnt mean it was never driven. all you have to do is disconnect the plug from the back of the speedo and the miles wont register.

one more note. ive been to the corvette factory in bowling green kentucky. when the car is finally put together, its put on a dynometer like type of machine. the car is then accelerated to i think 60 mph or so for a certain length of time while the computer checks and make sure things work right. brakes are checked, exhaust gases are checked alonged with other checks i cant remember. i asked our guide if the miles are registering on the car while he is basically driving it at speed on the machine. she didnt know so i asked the guy performing the test. he said the miles are NOT registering. i know for the amount of time on the machine it should have had at least 5 miles on it, but some unknowing guy is going to buy it thinking just because it shows 0 miles that its never been driven. one more thing.....every 1 out of 50 or 100 vetts, i cant remember the exact number, is taken outside to a test track and tested that way. again, no miles will be registered on the odometer.
Your theory must apply to everyone. ALL of our busa's have been ridden and dropped by the dealerships we bought them from! LOL!!!

C'mon. Odds are my bike was never ridden by the dealership nimroids...

To be honest... I think he should just buy the bike now that I think about it and make extra sure that the dealership will back it up if there are any problems. Whatever bargaining he does is his choice. If he really wants the LE bad enough, he'll get it no matter what we all say...

If he MUST have a dropped white busa... then he should get it. I think some people actually get the LE because they think it's something more special than the other colors.... that's sad. I hope he really DOES want a white busa and not just buying it for the name.

We all love our bikes for our own reasons.... so if his heart is set on white.... then go for it!!!

I totally pulled a John Kerry just now.... GET THE BIKE!!! IF THAT'S WHAT YOU REALLY, REALLY WANT!!!

This is all about him MUST HAVING A WHITE LE RIGHT NOW AND TRUSTING HIS DEALERSHIP.... but, hey, maybe he'll take you up on the offer!!! hahahaha!!!

Don't we have a little rule about stealing/using other people's sigs/avatars....
rock.gif

But, hey... I know it's all in fun.... and you'll change your sig/rip once you can see I've read it! LOL!!!!

tounge.gif

LOL!!!

I'm just dying to know what he really plans to do! My guess...

He buys the dropped bike and rides off into the sunset....

In the end I'm sure he'll be just fine...

If not....

wtfjayla.jpg

Back