Dropped it!

For those of you who say that a test ride is "shid", you better take into account where the bike is being purchased. My bike had 0 miles on it on the show room floor... after they serviced it, it had to have a state inspection done. Closest place was 1 mile away. The keys to my new busa were givin to me with 2 miles on the odometer... Call it what you want, test ride or a inspection or what ever... i'd rather them "test ride" it and find something wrong than me find out the hard way while i'm on my way home...

Hmm... well, I'd love to ride it home, but there are transportation issues, arranging a ride to the dealer on a weekday, stuff like that. I'll just them deliver it. Traffic kind of sucks during the time of day I'd be able to go pick it up, too.

Oh, more info here about the drop.

I called them back after reading a post, and they assure me that the bike was sitting still at a red light. The guy is "a muscular dude" and he tried to keep the bike from falling over. The actual scratching of the plastic will bear this out, as one can tell if something was moving when it went down.

Anyway, I'll inspect everything Saturday.

Trust. It's a big issue. And like someone said today, "Trust. But verify."

Good idea.
If they are willing to trailer the bike to your house, they should be willing to have someone pick you up and take you to the dealership so you can ride it home instead.

Don't buy this bike! Don't trust a dealership that is willing to call you and say that their mechanic DROPPED the bike. Alot more happened to this bike, chances are! Either way, it's now used! Don't pay new price for a used bike! Don't do it! You now have the upper hand! USE IT!

welcome to the board and sorry to hear about your bike. Kind of a tough call but I think I would ask for a new bike. Write down the vin on this one and make them find you a brand new one but if it only did just tip over then maybe. I don't know that is your call to make. Either way congrats on the new bike. Injoy

Don't buy this bike!  Don't trust a dealership that is willing to call you and say that their mechanic DROPPED the bike.  Alot more happened to this bike, chances are!  Either way, it's now used!  Don't pay new price for a used bike!  Don't do it!  You now have the upper hand!  USE IT!
+1000000000000000000000000......

I told the dealership I want to see that beeyatch come out of the crate so they didn't push a floor model on me.

Don't take the chance of getting suckered. I would go to another dealer altogether.

I would definitely be asking for a new bike! I would not pay full price for a new bike that in fact wasn't!

Don't buy this bike! Don't trust a dealership that is willing to call you and say that their mechanic DROPPED the bike. Alot more happened to this bike, chances are! Either way, it's now used! Don't pay new price for a used bike! Don't do it! You now have the upper hand! USE IT!
+1000000000000000000000000......

I told the dealership I want to see that beeyatch come out of the crate so they didn't push a floor model on me.

Don't take the chance of getting suckered. I would go to another dealer altogether.
My bike was a floor model with 0 miles...

When I got it they pushed it out to the service dept. and pushed it back out... and I rode it home.

For those of you who say that a test ride is "shid", you better take into account where the bike is being purchased.  My bike had 0 miles on it on the show room floor... after they serviced it, it had to have a state inspection done.  Closest place was 1 mile away.  The keys to my new busa were givin to me with 2 miles on the odometer...  Call it what you want, test ride or a inspection or what ever... i'd rather them "test ride" it and find something wrong than me find out the hard way while i'm on my way home...
Agree 100%. Mine had about 1 mile on it and the way I see it they damn well better start it, ride it through all gears, use both brakes, check the lights/horn and then check all fluids, tire pressures, required bolt torque settings, chain slack ect. when they get back.
When I picked up my bike it included a huge check list of everything performed. You're also paying for the setup whether you think you are or not...the sleazy dealers roll it into the final price so the dupe thinks he's getting a great deal. Good dealers give you a killer price on the bike and then adds the freight and prep separately on the receipt so you don't get taxed on it.

I wonder how many of those bragging about 0 mile bikes are the ones that had overheating problems due to the dealer not burping the cooling system, screwed up headlight, soft brakes, funky clutch, bubbling paint from vent tubes in the wrong spot or the ever popular shift lever or clutch lever flying off while riding down the highway?
rock.gif

Personally I wouldn't take it. At the very least get them to throw in the official Suzuki extended warranty for FREE.

Personally I wouldn't take it.  At the very least get them to throw in the official Suzuki extended warranty for FREE.
That sounds good to me. I would still buy the bike, it will be fine. I know how bad you want this bike and you should go and get it. If you find something wrong, take it back.

I agree with all the above statements... I would not buy this bike. First... how are they replacing the parts? If there is an insurance claim then the VIN is registered as a damaged bike. If you go to sell this bike, you cannot say that it has never been down... plus all of the issues with what is not even being looked for at the dealership.... They would make the deal simply to make it someone else's problem...

DO NOT BUY THAT BIKE!!!

you are getting screwed raw without KY or even a courteous reach around.

the bike has been dropped. period. doesnt matter if its the plastic was replaced. the value of that bike has deppreciated. no sense in checking car fax for records b/c it takes time for that stuff to be processed. they are most likely going to be pissed if you ask for a different bike and that will just lead to hard times down the road when you need to take your bike to them for servicing so just go to a different dealer.

I guess another way to look at it would be like this:

1. The dealer could have lied and just said the bike was not yet ready to be taken and they could have made any excuse they wanted.

2. They were honest enough to say it was dropped.

So maybe this dealership is the one to get it from since they could have said anything but apparently told the truth, I guess.

I guess we've all said our part, so it's all up to you.

Congratulations on almost getting the new bike! That SUCKS!! I wouldn't take the bike! No way no how!! Sounds like a story big time!! Now what about all of the little things that got damaged, screw heads, etc.. You are going to find ALOT of little things that they didn't replace. You are buying a NEW bike at a NEW bike price. Not a new bike at a discounted price for it being USED now. Sorry to be negative but..
There is no reason for anyone to ride it. Maybe around the building back to front whatever but not on the street. That is NOT normal practice for a dealer at all!!. IF you still want it get a BIG discount for it NOT being new. Because it is not now!! SORRY!!!
smile.gif

I wonder what Suzuki (if anything) recommends or tells dealers about this practice. You'd think there would be some sort of company policy that dealers must follow in order to sell their new motorcycles...

Suzuki went through the trouble to create a manual that listed their recommendations for service updates, etc... so you'd think they would tell/make dealers follow some sort of policy.

Okay, everyone, and especially Turbo Torch, you're all making good points here. Let me add something more to this conversation.

1. I've called other dealerships in the area... no LEs in stock.

2. The dealership is paying for the parts out of their profit margin. No claims are being filed.

3. They called me right away and were honest about their mistake.

4. I wanted to pick the bike up, but they said no, the bike has to be perfect first.

The thing is, it actually has been dropped. This is certainly a bargaining position for me. The free warranty is an excellent place to bargain.

I'm standing there waving cash... they should make a concession. I'll know more later today.

Thanks again to everyone who's commented on this. I just wonder how many people have bought a "new" bike that was "accidently dropped" then repaired before it ever went out on the floor. How would you know, unless you were there to see it uncrated, unpacked, whatever?

Anyway, much insight is gained by all of your comments. I appreciate the community and find it EXTREMELY valuable, and hope to meet some of you someday for a ride somewhere. I'm close to Cook's Corner... anyone heard of it?

Take care all.

Personally I would walk away.

If you stay with it, get compensated for it.
Just fixing it is not enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Back