dropped busa

Is that snow in your tires? If you're riding in the snow, bad idea, man.

Get into that MSF course asap.

And have some fun! You'll be okay. Get gear. You've already had that lesson forced down your throat. Learn from it and get geared up.

The Busa is probably not a great first bike but it will treat you well if you're interested in taking it easy.

The thumb throttle is not a good idea on a bike like this. You'll have less control.

What else can I lecture you on?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Eh. Some of it's in all seriousness but be assured, we want the best for you.

Take it easy, man!

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

I can't believe this thread....... unbelievable......... riding when there is ice on the road? Thumb throttle?
This has to be total BS and this guy is messing with the org members......
lurk.gif

welcome.gif
To our family,Sucks that you dropped her,be careful she's a big girl.The damage can be fixed easy it only takes money, your body takes time to heal and you can't heal death. Go easy on her and she will treat you right.Taking the safety course is a good idea,if you want to ride in the bad weather go buy a dirtbike and get some studded tires.Trust me it's alot of fun.The offroad bike will help alot with basic riding skills and get you used to the bike moving around under you. Go with everyone else's advice and do alot of listening around here you could learn alot.Have fun and keep the rubber side down.

NO OFFENSE BUSABOY02 it sounds to me like you should have thought about installing a busa motor on your quad if you were looking to go fast. Anyhow, WELCOME ABOARD and the best advice from me to you is listen to what everyones said on here and get good insurance coverage. Like I said before NO OFFENSE just being honest the busa is one heck of a bike to be starting out on. You can check out some amazing vids on youtube of quads with busa engines if interested. JUST BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!
peace.gif

welcome to the org! Me and two of my friends have busas we are all in rockton so dude are u nuts the weather here has been mad for the last couple of months. You should have just taken your bike home parked it and waited for some of this weather to clear : )
Keep in touch and maybe we can do some riding together this summer.

I'm not too sure I'm buying any of this... And if I were you I would start on something smaller. I would never encourage anyone to start off with a busa that has never ridden a bike before. Good luck staying alive dude.
My 06LE is my first street bike I ever bought.I have only rode a streetbike once before that for about 30 min, and I have about 8000 miles on my busa, I am 36 years old also, maybe BUSABOY02 is alot younger also...Haveing alot of " COMMON SENCE " has a bunch to do with it.

its def legit you guys didnt see the pics i wasnt ridin in snow the street was dry there was just snow in front of my garage and i was goin around a corner when i hit the ice so the bike wasnt movin around under me it just dropped automatically

Ride'in in the snow???!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First Bike , Ride'in in the snow??!!!!!
Dude can I take out some life insurance on you?? Man when I was 20 I did some insane stuff myself ( worse than riding a Busa in the snow) But by the Grace of GOD , I'm alive. Dont push your luck , use your brain.. But then I dont expect you to listen , I never did.... Good luck!!
PS I think I have an extra Billet stator cover (new).Cheap...

dude as far as the thumb throttle someone can do it but to hear you ask that scares me.
Gotta agree with you 100%

Not to offend you,but if you are only used to quads, maybe you should think about taking a course. Do you already have a motorcycle endorsement on your license? If you lack street experience, perhaps you can pick up a cheap used "beater" bike, and get some street experience that way. If you drop a "beater" it won't cost an arm and a leg to repair (won't break your heart, either). If you drop your 'Busa, it's gonna cost you, possibly in more ways than one.

Ride safe, and have fun!
beerchug.gif

Stop bustin his nads! I took an 8 year break from riding harleys and went to the dealer and drove home a busa. It can be done with care and respect of the throttle. It sucks that you hit the only spot of ice on a corner. Oh well it's just a machine. You can fix it. It's a stator cover you need. The fairing you have can probably be repaired and painted. The thumb throttle is a no go, don't do it. Most of these guys rreally do care but there are a few that like to push buttons so just take it with a grain of salt and let it go. The advice given here will be invaluable so listen as these guys speak from experience. Take care of the leg and let it heal up. You've got a nice looking machine. She will be good as new soon enough.

Stop bustin his nads!  I took an 8 year break from riding harleys and went to the dealer and drove home a busa.  It can be done with care and respect of the throttle.  It sucks that you hit the only spot of ice on a corner.  Oh well it's just a machine.  You can fix it.  It's a stator cover you need.  The fairing you have can probably be repaired and painted.  The thumb throttle is a no go, don't do it.  Most of these guys rreally do care but there are a few that like to push buttons so just take it with a grain of salt and let it go.  The advice given here will be invaluable so listen as these guys speak from experience.  Take care of the leg and let it heal up.  You've got a nice looking machine.  She will be good as new soon enough.
+1 I use to pick on my younger siblings. But I still loved em'
laugh.gif
Stick around your gonna bbe laughing at yourself someday
lol1.gif

Not to bust his nads or offend BUT if this is for real,PLEASE TAKE A MSF COURSE.

We dont need a fellow rider dead or injured.

Please respect the ((right ))to drive a motorcycle and keep the shiny side up and like 99busa said we and you
can have a laugh at this in the future if you are still alive.

Please be SAFE.
thumb_up.gif

dude as far as the thumb throttle someone can do it but to hear you ask that scares me.
It scares me a lot.

If I were you I would sell the Hayabusa and purchase an easier bike to learn on. An SV650 would be great.

Don't get me wrong, you can learn to ride on a Busa. I learned to ride on liter bikes. I have only owned one 600 and it was ridden for a week. However, it sounds like the Busa is already kicking your butt.
I wouldn't say the Busa is kicking his ass. According to his first post the bike slid out when he hit some black ice. That could have happened on a bicycle. I'm not saying the Busa is a good beginner bike. What happened to him can happen to even the most experienced riders.

Ok, it's a STATOR cover, not a starter cover. S T A T O R.

Ride safe, brother....make sure you take the MSF course, and buy some gear.

Back