After April fools joke...

TruWrecks

Banned
rock.gif

Went on a 108mi ride on Saturday. It rained for a few minutes, but most of the ride was nice. When I got home I could smell anti-freeze. This happened back in November too. I pulled her into the garage and about 1/2 gallon of anti-freeze and hot water came pouring out of the bottom of the fairing. The Busa wasn't even to the halfway mark on the temp gauge! I shut her off for the night.

I started her up today to see what was happening. I'm losing coolant through a hose fitting. It's going in for repairs tomorrow morning. That Sucks! The weather is supposed to be nice for riding tomorrow!

firedevil.gif

rock.gif

Went on a 108mi ride on Saturday.  It rained for a few minutes, but most of the ride was nice.  When I got home I could smell anti-freeze.  This happened back in November too.  I pulled her into the garage and about 1/2 gallon of anti-freeze and hot water came pouring out of the bottom of the fairing.  The Busa wasn't even to the halfway mark on the temp gauge!  I shut her off for the night.

I started her up today to see what was happening.  I'm losing coolant through a hose fitting.  It's going in for repairs tomorrow morning.  That Sucks!  The weather is supposed to be nice for riding tomorrow!

firedevil.gif
I had the problemof coolant going down quite frequently on Elenor myself... I'd suggest you check the following -

a) All the radiator lines. Mine were loose even though the bike was assmbled at a dealership before I imported it.

b) Also check the manifold. In my bike they had fit the coolant pipe to the manifold without a rubber washer... some coolant was leaking through that part.

I have no coolant leaks now, but still over a period of running the coolant level drops marginally... I think this is antural for all high RPM engines! Someone correct me if im wrong....

You shouldn't have coolent leaks because of high RPMs. The Busa engine can run at about 8K for hours on end without any coolant loss. Mine is leaking from the radiator hose. It happened in December too. I told the dealership to only allow a certain mechanic to work on her (He races sportbikes, and he's really carefull with the details).

Hopefully they'll get to it today.
sad.gif

What kind of aftermarket or modded fairings do you have that would hold 2 quarts of coolant?
rock.gif

Oh, wait... It was coming from the hose, pouring out through the belly. Right? That makes sense.
wink.gif

Back