My Radiator's Leaking!!!

suzuka1980

Registered
I started my bike this morning. After about 5 minutes, suddenly anti-freeze started appearing on the ground, dripping from my bike.

Crap!! Wonder how it ever started leaking. It was fine the day before. What should I do now??

Its expensive to change the radiator. Shall I just glue it back up?

wheres it leaking...

if its leaking in the fins i would replace. the tanks can be repaired but you need to address why its leaking. if it corroded through then its probably full of shid and thin in others spots as well. find an ebay radiator is what id do if i couldnt or didnt wanna buy new.

After five minutes of idling, it may just be something as simple as the overflow from the fill bottle?

You can't decide what needs to be done until you have identified the problem. Could be a leaky hose or a multitude of other culprits?

I have repaired core leaks with JBweld. It works wonderfully well if applied properly!

my rad got a big stone chip and started to leak from one of the fins...had repair shop pull the damaged fin out and solder the hole where the fin was on each end...i wouldnt do that for more then 1-3 fins though as it will drastically change the cooling abilities

After five minutes of idling, it may just be something as simple as the overflow from the fill bottle?

You can't decide what needs to be done until you have identified the problem. Could be a leaky hose or a multitude of other culprits?

I have repaired core leaks with JBweld. It works wonderfully well if applied properly!
yep find the leak first... hit panic button later... :laugh:

found the leak!

Its at the middle of the top radiator, at the fins. Small leak i must say. Probably I should use some adhesive to mend it??

Or should I bring it to the shop to have it soldered?

lmk if they can't fix it we can or replace it for you..

No doubt, got mine from Cloud9 after a wreck 2 years ago..... The radiator is still good. thanks again Daniel

I would replace... but that is just me.

I have an extra one i bought when mine had a leak. I'll sell it to ya cheap if you want it...its from a 2004.

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

LMK

:beerchug:

Back