busa leak petrol when start

alibusa2011

Registered
hi,recently i noticed my 99 busa leak petrol when starting the bike in the morning,it will leak for around 10 second when warming up,it will only start to leak only after i park my bike through the whole night,went to my mechanic,after checking there's no leaking anywhere,so i went home n park my bike,the next morning same problem leak around 10 second when warming up n stop,again i went to my mechanic n he could't diagnose the problem,no sign of petrol leak but same problem when i start my busa the next morning,can anybody help me about this pls?

Where is it exactly leaking from and how much? Could be condensation build up in the vent hose overnight with temp differential, vibes from start up congeal the droplets into drops then drips out of vent.

i will lift up my tank later today n will start my bike to see where the leak comes from,i will post again after checking,tq my friend

I had same perplexing issue with my Z1000, I found vent tube and put paper towel on end then started the motor nothing on ground shut it off checked towel and it was wet.

Take your side plastics off before you start her cold. You will have a good view of both sides of the motor area that way.

I think my petcock was leaking, either on the Busa or my older carbureted bike. I had some Yamabond sitting around so I tried it (not really meant for gas) but it worked. Might check around yours.

Personally if you can't find the leak, I'd replace all of your fuel lines with new ones (be sure to get fuel injector hose, not just fuel line. You're pushing a lot more PSI). Per the manual, the fuel hoses should be replaced every four years, and although I doubt anyone does it, your 99 has seen about three times that. Maybe you've got a crack or a leak on your lines. May just need to tighten the hoseclamp (or replace with the screw-tight kind of clamps instead of the other style). Or your pump may be leaking; it comes apart and there is a gasket there. All things to check.

It's either coming from the petcock, the pump, or a line that connects those things. (or the line that goes from pump to fuel rail) Pop the tank and look around tomorrow morning!

I've personally had a leak on the main feed line, right off the petcock. Probably from proping the tank up so many times, because it was right at the nipple/barb coming off the petcock. See if you can find the leak, with the motor off!

I thought all hyperfast vehicles leak fuel when they start? The SR-71 Blackbird leaks fuel until it warms up and is traveling supersonic speeds at altitude... The busa is just as fast, so it makes sense... :laugh:

Back