dropped busa

busaboy02

Registered
i was riding over what looked to be a wet spot and it was really ice and the bike automatically dropped on the left side i scratched the left body piece and a silver circular thing im new to bikes dont really know what it is but once i picked the bike up some anti freeze leaked out and it wouldnt start for a couple min but then it started other than that its fine it still rides good i was only goin like 5 mph ...Should I be worried about the anti freeze and what is the circular thing?
thanks,
brett

Pics. We need pics. The only circular item i can think of is the stator cover.

i thought it was the starter cover but cant really walk to good especially not in the snow i wheigh about 140 and the busa fell on my leg

so it wont be that hard to fix then right? it did crack the left fairing and the check engine light came on but once it started the light never came back on

Do you see the silver circular thing you are talking aobut on my bike?

Busa_009__Small_.jpg

i got another question you guys ever hear of any other skinny guys ridin busa's like 140lbs to 150 cuz everyone keeps tellin me its too big for me.....idk about all that

Stator cover...typical...

Tip over sensor might have locked you out, and resets when the ignition is turned off and back on. If you pick up the bike and just try to start it, it will not crank until you turn it off, maybe that's why it wouldn't start...

well it is my first bike but other than the balancing its real similar to riding a sport quad as far as shifting and the clutch goes

The coolant probably came from the overflow. As long as the stator cover isn't cracked you should be ok.

Have you taken a MSF course yet?

Make sure you always wear all your gear.
cool.gif

Be careful and respect the bike.
beerchug.gif

it is a beast of a bike to start of w/ but we can get you goin again. the antifreez may have just leaked out from the tip over.

this isnt a bike for someone just ridin' but good choice
beerchug.gif

dude as far as the thumb throttle someone can do it but to hear you ask that scares me.

i havent taken any courses yet and i dont have the gear yet i just bought it today and rode it in the thirty degree weather for about a half an hour but after that i do plan on suitin up when i bring it out in the summer

Back